Spoke To The Factory

Sticky-this-thread.jpg

This is excellent news, but has anything been mentioned about the silkscreening? What if the cases are aces, but the print isn't mint?

WooooooooOOOOOOooooooooo! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So when can I expect my :pandora2ut4: ? My number is somewhere around 1400. No more delays right? It's full speed production as fast as possible 'till they're all done?

How do you know what your number is? Do we get a ticket like in the supermarket?

I ordered shortly after christmas last year, so I'm guessing I'm at the end of the queue...

Miner49er said:
How do you know what your number is? Do we get a ticket like in the supermarket?

I ordered shortly after christmas last year, so I'm guessing I'm at the end of the queue...

Nope, I ordered just about a year ago and that is the estimate I got by emailing openpandorasales. Logic dictates you have a lower number.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, I was just wondering, is this going to be the 100% case or is this the 50-75% case, im sorry for such a silly question O:

mali said:
Pleng said:
Cool :)

I wonder what the next thing to go wrong will be?

Just don't say 'what could possibly go wrong?'....

Doh!

Lol no that's fine. Asking what could go wrong is fine. Stating that nothing can go wrong now is definitely out though!

Monk said:
Realist!

err... I mean... cynic? :wink:

Well I just find it worrying that eveybody's all of a sudden in a state of mass hysteria. Seems that they're setting themselves up for a big fall the next time something goes wrong!

Dannyxzero said:
hey guys, I was just wondering, is this going to be the 100% case or is this the 50-75% case, im sorry for such a silly question O:
The 100% case from what I can tell. It might not have silk screening, though.

Having no silk screening would be preferable to misaligned silk screening. I just hope, like everyone, that there is enough time left to get 4000 made and shipped before China closes up shop.

mali said:
Dannyxzero said:
The 100% case from what I can tell. It might not have silk screening, though.

Hey thanks alot ^____^ I was just wondering cause i read else were that they would ship not 100% case to people who really wanted it,but i want to wait for 100% and since it might be 100% im happy YATTA!

Dead1nside said:
Having no silk screening would be preferable to misaligned silk screening. I just hope, like everyone, that there is enough time left to get 4000 made and shipped before China closes up shop.

Even if it were misaligned... a little alcohol and elbow grease will achieve the same effect. Either way I will be happy.

Hit the road, Jack!! And no more delays, no more no more no more no more!

YIEEEEEEEPY!!! :lol:

RajTakhar said:
are they going ahead with full 4,000 or just an initial batch of 500 to 1,000 units

Internet Explorer really hates the forums i can only see last few comments
They want to make as many as possible before CNY.

DroneB Dev said:
Monk said:
Tokiopop said:
Monk said:
I feel a LOT happier now that I don't feel OpenPandora are asking us to take on more of the development risks and costs than we already had.
But the other samples wern't like this, so surley they could do what they did the Rev 1 & 2 for Rev 3?

Because they were rushing/being cheap (same thing). Doing the injection molding properly ties up machinery and staff for longer, so the less time they spend on it the more actual money they make from runs of "for sale" cases instead of "for samples" cases.

I don't say I agree with the practise, samples should represent the final product as closely as possible IMHO, but I understand it.

I'm not in the first 1000 so I won't benefit directly from such a run, but I'd be happy to see 1000 customers served sooner rather than later, as long as the cases are up to snuff when received :)

Pleng said:
Cool :)

I wonder what the next thing to go wrong will be?

Realist!

err... I mean... cynic? :wink:
Oh Cmon, by the price they bought the moulds and the cases, i bet they have to keep things minimal, each test run really cost money they could have spent doing actual money.

if you had a machine running low speed and eating material for about say 4 hours (each) using one operator just to pump out a 2 digits sample (and we've got only 7) and to know i would have to unmount to loose all the job, i wouldnt bother warming it up.

How does that vary from what I said, exactly? They did it to save money/make more money on other products. You, apparently, would do the same apparently regardless of any other aspects.

WizardStan said:
WhiteBat said:
random idea:
have the factory make all 4000 cases, but have them only ship 1000.
That way they don't need to set everything back up again and align stuff, so all the cases will be consistent.
If they have the 4000, why not ship all 4000?
making the cases is a pretty automated process. The machine can crank them out with little supervision.

Shipping the cases is a labor intensive process. Craigix (Or MWEston?) already said that they're not confident that they have enough man-power to ship out all 4,000 before the New Year festivities start.

Back