Spectrum Emulator

spectrum? Wait... that was the computer system with stunning 4 colors at once right? :D

I fear the GP2x can't handle so much raw power :(

It had 8 colours all of which can be displayed on the screen at the same time. However, only 2 colours can appear in any 8x8 square of the screen.

Actually in all fairness to the spectrum it had 16 colours, though admittedly the limitation mentioned still applied. I seem to recall that the Turtles game brought out the best graphics on the old spectrum... and even that wasn't too impressive (The Amiga was out by then!)

Technically the Speccy had 16, but I don't think that the 'Bright' colours were usable in normal circumstances.. Yes, the Spectrum had a 'Bright White' colour, and a 'Bright Black' colour too... ah, the good old days.

I really should start getting coding again, haven't done any real coding in years.. now, what to port.. LAME for the GP2X! ... err, no... I'll think of something :)

I was a C64 user as a kid , a lot of my mates has the speccy , anyway the really blocky graphics effect caused by more than 2 colours meeting on screen was called "Colour clash" , thats why most games used monochrone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I scoff at your speccy's colors! All 8 of them! Which leaves me with alot of scoffing power so i guess i'll scoff at DaveC, Yuri, Bush, Bill Gates, and ngage users...

Another spectrum emulator in the works, by ben_ost :)

SpectrumShot.jpg

the photo is the 128K spectrum

not the old 48Khz good one, like the one I have now on my desk

spectrum LIVES FOREVER (yeah, even I'm not English) boys&girls, no doubt

remember: FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Knight Lore!!!
Math Day!!!!!!
Skool Daze!!!

A little bit to slow i think.
Mine runs at 3.5MHz, i suppose 48khz should be 48KB RAM.
Anyway it is a nice little computer but with a bad keyboard, but not as bad as the one on the ZX81.

Stangerman posted on Dec 11 2005 at 02:23 AM said:
Anyway it is a nice little computer but with a bad keyboard, but not as bad as the one on the ZX81.
Bad keyboard?? The old rubber-keyed oversized calculator keyboard was brilliant (provided your Symbol Shift key didn't pack up, like around 50% of them did).
It was certainly much better that the nasty 48k+ version with its hard moulded, slightly wobbly keys!
(unless you're talking about the 48k+ in which case you're right it was a nasty keyboard!)

[off-topic]As an aside, did anyone else ever lose 8hrs BASIC coding by knocking the keyboard a nanometre and dislodging the flaky power lead?[/off-topic]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine runs at 3.5MHz, i suppose 48khz should be 48KB RAM

yes, yes, the number it's the RAM...

the keyboard it's a shit I need to change my membrane, O,P,Q,1,2 keys don't
work... luckily enough, in Spain, some guys still sell new membranes for
the keyboard

did anyone else ever lose 8hrs BASIC coding by knocking the keyboard a nanometre and dislodging the flaky power lead

buff, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember typing for 4/5 hours a BASIC code from spanish magazine Microhobby and, when I was going to save it .... blufmp :blink: powers goes off

yeah, the good old days :lol:

Back