Fuse-gp2x, Spectrum Emulator (v0.001)

bosteen

Still Fresh
Fuse-gp2x:
http://www.zen71790.zen.co.uk/

Version 0.1.1

*** Updated on 16/12/2005 ***
Fixed:
Volume control should now work as expected.
Controls should feel better to use.
Bringing up the keyboard or the keybinding dialog should now not slow the emulation. (There is still a sound glitch though when it first is brought onscreen.)

It is a early port of Fuse, a spectrum emulator. I am still working on it, and I am aware of many problems with it but let me know if it is a problem that doesn't involve the joystick getting stuck, the lack of volume control, poor UI for selecting files, tape errors, or auto-snap failures.

Ben
ben_ost {at] maysubdivide (dot) org

Thanks! Manic Miner and Jetpac, here I come :)

....well once I get my unit anyway ;)

dread dragon droom (or doom? its been so long) was the game everyone loved at my school back in primary

i also remember antoher game where you have to bring a kit kat to a mouse who is in the back garden before the cat catches him thouh i cant for the life of me remember the name of the game i'm sure it was along the lines of "mouse trap" or something (i was the only kid to get close to finishing it but the damned cat killed the mouse before i brought it the kit kat!)

Thanks for this.

Can't wait until u get a few of the 'wrinkles' ironed out.

Cheers

Nice, Nice, Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out H.E.R.O, Saboteur, Jack The Nipper 2, and Super Robin Hood.

Really looking forward to playing some of old speccy games.
I just got my unit today ( got a HUGE duct particle trapped behind the screen ! ghnahhh ! ) and I tried installing this but I cant seem to get it working.
I just get a black screen.

Im probably just being a div but Ive tried to find information on how to get it working. Any help on exactly what I need to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know if you need the SDL libs but I have them installed just in case.

I even tried copying it to the root but no joy.

quietbloke posted on Dec 14 2005 at 06:36 PM said:
Really looking forward to playing some of old speccy games.
I just got my unit today ( got a HUGE duct particle trapped behind the screen ! ghnahhh ! ) and I tried installing this but I cant seem to get it working.
I just get a black screen.

Im probably just being a div but Ive tried to find information on how to get it working. Any help on exactly what I need to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know if you need the SDL libs but I have them installed just in case.

I even tried copying it to the root but no joy.

A few things:

Are you using rechargeable batteries or alkalines? Alkalines last a very short time in the gp2x, and it will act strangely rather than just cut out.
Did you copy over the entire directory from that archive?
Is your SD card otherwise good?
And finally, try downloading it again. I have added a few things recently so it's a good idea to get the latest version anyway.

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
woohoo !

thanx.. I downloaded the latest version and it all seem to work fine now.
and thanx for taking the time to port this.

I now have my first emulator running :)

Chuckie Egg here I come !

lol

Okay. . . I've got the emulator running, but I'm completely baffled as to how I then load a game. I get the start screen, press L, and get a QWERTY keyboard. And then I'm lost. The instructions say move to 'Open' - where IS 'open'??

I daresay I'm missing something very obvious, but. . .

oneandoneis2 posted on Dec 15 2005 at 12:55 PM said:
Okay. . . I've got the emulator running, but I'm completely baffled as to how I then load a game. I get the start screen, press L, and get a QWERTY keyboard. And then I'm lost. The instructions say move to 'Open' - where IS 'open'??

I daresay I'm missing something very obvious, but. . .

At the bottom of the keyboard, if you have the latest version, there should be the options Open, Save, Reset, Mach (Change machine) and Exit.

If not press F3 to bring up the load screen to load a game, F5 resets, and F10 ends. I really recommend that you get the latest version though. This is a very early version of the emulator, and please bear in mind that I am making what I hope to be bugfixes and adding some useful bits to the emu almost every day. Sorry that you found it in a confusing state!

Thanks

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. must have grabbed on older version by mistake then - there were definitely no Open/Save/Reset/Exit buttons on my keyboard.

Grabbed the download off your site, and there they are! :)

Told you it was something obvious ;)

Cheers!

Back