Special Congrats To Pocketsnes Crew!

vaustein

I created some SRAM files w/ SNES9X for WinXP. These were saved games for Wizardry 5: Heart of the Maelstrom, in which I had created very wealthy, powered-up characters. I dropped them into PocketSnes\sram and they work perfectly!

This is something I've been asking for since last summer - maintaining SRAM compatibility among ports of the same emulator. (I'm assuming that PocketSNES is based on SNES9X). This is excellent B)

I generally find SRAM and save states are compatible across all emulators of the same machine (PC, GBA, GP32, GP2x, and actual SRAM backups from cartridges).

The only exception I have found was GNUBoy for GP2x which would not accept my save states from other emulators because (I think) the save state iuncludes a screenshot on GNUBoy.

Yes the SRM of the emulated console is usually the RAW save format as would be saved by the actual cartridge, so it's normal for it to be compatible. Savestates can be their own specific format, however.

Well, I had no such luck w/ FCE Ultra on WinXP and GPFCE. Maybe I ought to try again.

Back