Spare parts (2010-10-21)

Have visions of OPL running out of cases now that everyone is adding a full set of spares to their order!

Any LCD cable is better than the one I have, but it would be good to know exactly what to avoid when fitting them. Even that assembly photo in full size (please).

Did we ever get to the bottom of whether it would be possible to paint over the case finish? I'm pretty sure you'd have to sand off the current finish before painting, but it would be 100 times less of a ball ache if we could paint over the top.

Hi Craig,

I have the USB crack issue. I'm tempted to buy a new case to replace it... 2 quick questions:

a) How hard to replace the bottom half of the case with the replacement part. I'd prefer to do this than RMA it and happy to pay for the case - partly to save time, but also think you have more important stuff to do. Do I need to be Ben Heck to do this?

B) Does the above procedure invalidate the warranty? If so, is it better that I do in fact return to you (seems a pity but if necessary will...)

Andy

I am tempted to put some money in the dev fund, is it already been used or are you saving it for something special?

We're saving it for when all Pandoras of Batch 1 are delivered.

It was meant to access a Beta area and decide which dev should get the money for what.

Wouldn't be fair when most are still waiting.

So will you guys be selling 1nub pandoras if people are willing to buy nubs and put them in on there own now cause I will do it my self to get a pandora now

Will we see those offers on other official pandora shops too? ED?

I'm tempted to buy a case and keymat and pretend for a bit. :(

I'd get a bit of card and draw the Pandora logo on with my crayons and use that for the screen.

Spare parts! Huh! I feel like a spare part without my Pandora. [/nag] :p

Last edited by a moderator:
All the UK orders go through the same team - I got an acknowledgement for my LCD cable order (shipping tomorrow) from openpandorasales. The advantage of using the web-page to order is no emails need to be exchanged before you get to google checkout.

I'm pretty sure I see Pandora Console on that page, ready for order with a notice that it's a preorder.
Maybe we should define 'here'

These boards - no orders, no RMAs. Just support and discussions.

The openpandora gmail account - yes, that works, it is the Batch2 pre-order link on openpandora.org.

Shops listed on openpandora.org - maybe.

Craig's private link - yes, that works (if his site is up)

still works for me.

edit: also, I know it's such a little thing, but if you could find a way to sell EXT connectors...?

Pretty please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back