Spare Gp32 Blu Lcd Screen + Extras For Sale

lek

Website
www.neverendless.com
Yet more stuff from me!

Having gathered what GP32 related stuff I have in my other marketplace thread, I ended up doing a full blown clearout. Among my findings were a spare GP32 PCB (missing components - thrown in the bin), my black GP32 case (a mess now - thrown in the bin) and...

A spare GP32 BLU LCD

This is a 1st generation BLU LCD (Samsung), i.e. NOT a BLU+ LCD, not the one that required GP32 apps rewritting to fix LCD timing differences.

[edit] Model numbers:

LTS350Q2-PE2 (the LCD itself??)
LTP350QV-E07-00R (the casing/whole package?!?!)

I am 99% certain that this is a fully working LCD. It was taken out of my 3rd dead GP32 but was tested to work correctly in the 4th GP32 I bought. It's been sitting in the black GP32 casing mentioned above, just stored away.

Along with the LCD I will also throw in a spare plastic GP32 LCD cover (looks clear and not scratched), as well as a silver spray painted GP32 LCD surround/frame (looks nice?!).

PICTURES!!!!!!
http://www.reloded.com/misc/gp32lcd1.jpg (664 KB)
http://www.reloded.com/misc/gp32lcd2.jpg (530 KB)
http://www.reloded.com/misc/gp32lcd3.jpg (565 KB)

£25 inclusive UK p+p.
I can post overseas at extra postage cost.

Again, this is a BLU LCD, it won't physically plug into or work in a FLU or NLU unit. Might work as a replacement LCD for a BLU+ unit - I don't know if the BLU+ circuit board and components were different in any way from the BLU circuit board and components.

What circuit board is it and if its a mainboard do you think it still works
The GP32 circuit board that the LCD came with was a 1st gen BLU circuit board. I've never owned a BLU+ so I don't know if they are any other differences or if it's just the LCD's that are different. It's possible that the BLU+ uses a different LCD controller chip but I expect that to keep the cost of re-design and fabrication down, Gamepark just found an LCD that they could more or less drop in place of the Samsung one. Someone else might know this, or comparing pics of BLU and BLU+ LCD connector sockets might shed some light on it.

The PCB itself was missing a lot of components (surface mount resistors and capacitors) and had a damaged BLU LCD socket (missing teeth in the socket on the PCB, although the LCD's male connector on its ribbon is not damaged at all). I spent a lot of time trying to get it working but I think my failed 64mb mod had essentially killed it. It's in the bin now anyway so not really salvagable. Just got the LCD left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered if i could use the firmware chip
Well I wasn't gonna fish it out of the bin as I thought it would be piled under lots of xmas rubbish bags. I had a quick look however and have found it!

The flash is an Atmel AT49BV040, it has some wire's glued to the surface of the chip itself, as that was a convenient place to secure them when connecting to the CPU for a 64mb mod. They don't interfere or connect with the flash chip though and could be easily removed.

There are quite a few faults with the board itself, so I don't think it's salvagable. Biggest problem is the damaged LCD socket which can't be easily repaired.

Pic: http://www.reloded.com/misc/gp32_pcb.jpg

The PCB is quite light, so how does £2 inclusive delivery to UK (1st class recorded) or Europe (airmail) sound? I'll PM you my contact details if you're interested.

Sounds okay but by flash chip you definatly mean the firmware one yeah
Yup, exact same on as listed on the GP32 Dev'rs site: AT49BV040-90VC 512k byte (8bit wide) bios flash.

I've just thought: I'm not sure what's currently flashed to the chip, I have a feeling it's Mr Spiv's 64mb multi-firmware but I don't think it's one that supports 32mb GP32s. So I don't know if it can boot a normal GP32 straight away - might need flashing with a JTAG cable to a more standard firmware first. If you wanted to rescue a dead GP32 with the flash chip then it might not work just by replacing the previous chip.

oh i was hoping it had a normal fw im sure it would of worked im to much of a tramp to buy a jtag, making one is to diff

Back