Spamming All Over?

Akabei

Even if this site moved to a new server, spam posts are getting more and more. ED seems to get rid of most spams on the german gp2x site, but here it's getting worse than ever. It's no real fun to enter here, just to see that every new post is spam.

EvilDragon mentioned that the newer version of IBP he hopes to upgrade to should provide better spam controls. I hope anyway, I've just been clearing up a similar mess that was made on the Wiz Wiki over Christmas and the new year :(.

I'm just waiting for hando to find his IPB account details on his old harddrive so I can buy the upgrade :/

I agree completely. Way too much spam. You think there's a lot, consider that most of it is disposed of within 5 minutes of posting. :wacko:

Well, I changed the simple question ("Are you human?") to something more complex, which should help with most spambots now.
If that doesn't help, upgrading is the way to go.

Oh nice. As an added bonus it acts as a filter for reading comprehension, too. :D
Spam messages have dropped considerably in the last few hours. I used to get an alert every 5 minutes, now it's been about 4 hours since the last one.

edit: oh you cheeky b4$74rd. Spoil my peace and quiet, will you? DIE DIE DIE! *obliterates spam*

Immensely. I've only deleted three spam messages today. Normally it's three every ten minutes or so. :blink:

SONY said:
There's a better solution to all of this.
We should all migrate to Openhandhelds.

And what should be the reason to move to a completely new, empty forum when we can improve this one?

Last edited:
There was a bunch of spam threads posted over night while I slept, fewer than usual but still a bunch, but by the time I woke up they were all dealt with. I feel so useless. Fighting spam was the only thing I was good at and now that is mostly cleaned up by the little fixes ED has done. The computer turk ma jurb!

Back