C-dogs

Enslaved

Guy.
Website
Visit site
Hey, PCs still broken but im at a friends and were playing a bunch of freeware games and I remmembered that C-Dogs is open source and that its customiseable so it would be great for GP32. The guy has the source code available on his site but he says that the graphics are his, so we might have to make our own or ask his permission to use his. It would be awesome to play in deathmatches over RF and to use all the neat weapons. There are a whole bunch of scenarios on the internet that feature aliens, zombies and all these other monsters.

Site: http://www.orcsoftware.com/~ronny/C-Dogs.html

C-Dogs was a great 2 player top down shooter with weapon upgrades and money.

It was like gauntlet 2 on the nes, only with better graphics and guns.

I think it would make a great gp32 games. Use C-Dogs 1, as C-Dogs 2 really sucked. Also, the controls were nice, because you pushed the direction you wanted to run, not the turret style motion a lot of these shooters use.

I highly hope this makes it to the gamepark someday. Even 1 player mode was nice.

Some guess at pc specs of this game.
It ran on my 486/66 at full speed, I think it even worked on my friends 486/33 but can't be sure.

It ran in dos.

Good luck.
mth411

P.S. very simular to Alien Breed on sega mastersystem.

1. It uses a commercial sound library which needs to be rewritten as a wrapper, I guess.

2. I have only played C-Dogs 2, and it was okay but a little plain (probably due to randomised, generic levels). What's different between 1 and 2?

Back