GP32 Source code for old games.

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
Is it possible to find source code for older games? Something to look at even? I'm just curious because I'm planning on making a NES-like game and if I can find source code for old games like that.

Soon I will have a design plan for the game I plan on building.

If you ask the author - really - nicely you might get the source from him. However, usually companies are reluctant to release source until at least several years later, as with Doom. Often they don't at all as the source is too messy, unsupported or private.

Consider finding a clone of the game someone else made, and porting that. Or making the clone yourself.

I was basically just talking old primitive games.

I will soon be attempting to try to attempt to be trying my hands at making a Shinobi-like game.

I have a good amount of design specs set up, implementing them will be the difficult part.

well, you MAY be able to find a disassembler for some REALLY old systems. but the source wouldn't be in c/c++. it would be annoying

I have source code for 2 games on my work pc 1 is a puyo pop game that uses the SDL lib and other is a pacman

i got these off a beOS site bebits.com i think but i can send u the source code be a nce and easy game to port since the sdl lib is out for the gp32 now :)

its only about 100k zip file so if u want it email me ;)

:ph34r:

From what Ive seen on IRC, the SDL port still needs a bit of work....
But probably easier than rewritting all the graphics routines in those games...

Back