Sound issues with emulators

b-meister

Still Fresh
I am having some trouble with my emulated games. When I first put the ROMs on the SD card, in the "/menu" directory, they worked just fine. So then I wanted to clean it up to make it easier for me to find them and put them in their own directory, instead of the "/menu" directory. (/N64, /NES, /PS1, etc. So the command line would read /pandora/NES for example) Now there is no sound playing at all for any of the games. They run flawlessly and are still playable, but are just muted. I checked all the music levels for everything and nothing is turned down. Could moving them into their own files have caused this? Should I move the new files into the /menu directory? 

Do you have anything running in the background that you have minimized?

I noticed once that...when I had Audacious (a music player) running, but minimized, with the song paused and everything...that I then tried to play PanMAME...and eveything was muted!

Solved that problem by closing Audacious completely instead of just minimizing it out of my way.

Just one possibility of something which can cause muting...do you have any sort of music player or other program running minimized?

Which emulators are you using?
I would like to know that too.  I put all my emulators in either the menu folder,apps folder or desktop folder. App and or desktop folder is for them to show on my desktop per XFCE. 

What GUI are you using?

I use Visual Boy Advance, GnuBoy, Mupen64plus, Picodrive, Snes9x4P, NesEmu, and PCSX ReARMed. I don't know what happened, but when I booted it up today it was working fine. The sound is back so I think I may have just had something open in the backround which made everything muted.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Back