Sound Designer here.

Sharp

Still Fresh
Hi all.

Just wanted to say a quick hello for my first post and let people know that I'm a professional musician & sound designer. If I can be of any help just let me know.

Regards.
Sharp.

I will likely need a musician for a some music for my game. You can see the details on the thread "Christoph's Dev Blog" or on http://christophsdevblog.blogspot.com
If you are offering your help for free then I will likely get in contact in the near future.

Hi Hells_Dark.

Sure I can help with some of that quick and easy. I've been making sound SFX and Short Logo introduction tunes available to a Movie Enthusiast website that would suite Gaming just as much as the movies.

Give me a few hours and I arrange to have them uploaded to my server.

Hi Sphinxter

I'll see what I can do.

Hi Chris_R
Sure, if I have the time I will do what I can.

To get things moving, here's a 13 Track CD of my original tunes to download.
http://www.irishacts.com/leanbh-mo-chroi/

Just to cover you on copyrights, please download the PDF file included and email it back to me if you intend on using any or all of my tracks. The copyright is very simple and straight forward. No hidden terms & conditions. All I'm looking for is the credit.

This CD is a mixture of Irish Synth's and Orchestral music.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.

Wow, from the get-go I can already say you've got some amazing talent. Even after listening to the first song on the list, I can already imagine parts of it being made into a boot-up sound.

alright, i'm not gonna be very nice.... that sounds like when I first bought a midi controller, I spent a few days playing with a lot of virtual instruments and I was thinking "woah, that is so cool". And it was not.
Please, a musician is someone who can actually play music.
What I heard was more someone fooling around with a keybaord a few cool softwares...
You need a bit more to do a proper video game music but good luck anyway.

We would appreciate some music, for the Pandora Panic project.
We currently would like
Victory fanfare,
Losing fanfare
general title/menu music

The two fanfares should be relatively short(4-5s) because they are only played briefly between each mini game. And it's a Wario Ware style game, which tends to be silly/zany.

ttcircus said:
alright, i'm not gonna be very nice.... that sounds like when I first bought a midi controller, I spent a few days playing with a lot of virtual instruments and I was thinking "woah, that is so cool". And it was not.
What I heard was more someone fooling around with a keybaord a few cool softwares...

...I hope you're joking. Unless you have a nice portfolio of songs you'd like to share with us, I consider your argument invalid. I, too, have experimented with different composing programs and NONE of my endeavors sound anywhere close to this.

ttcircus, if I could please everyone I would be a millionare.
You are welcome to your opinion, but I certinaly don't agree with you. With good reason too.

PS: The Music was not written for games. If people do however find a use for it in a game, then great.

Hi all.
Sorry for the delay in getting those files I mentioned uploaded. They will be online by the weekend.
There's about 150+ Light Saber sounds, 60+ Musical Phrases that can be used for opening logos. A selection of orchestral phrases that can be used in game. Metal Clashes and other metal based sound. Matrix Bullet time effects, and Agents Dodging bullets. The data stream telephone effect of someone leaving the matrix. Underwater sounds. Alien Sounds. Alien worlds background soundscapes. Recreation of the classic Alien pulse Rifle .

And I forget what else I have.

ttcircus said:
Uncool. If you want to talk about the finer points of digital audio production, fire away. But you've just written off all aspects of his music in one swoop, which suggests to me that you don't have any real music knowledge behind you.

How about you critique the composition, in the appropriate cultural context. Can you do that? Or can't you get past a few presets?

As Striker said, shows us yours.

Gruso said:
ttcircus said:
Uncool. If you want to talk about the finer points of digital audio production, fire away. But you've just written off all aspects of his music in one swoop, which suggests to me that you don't have any real music knowledge behind you.

How about you critique the composition, in the appropriate cultural context. Can you do that? Or can't you get past a few presets?

As Striker said, shows us yours.
actually, ttcirus, as someone who produces (not makes) a lot of music, the stuff was really good. not my type of music, but he made it sound real without getting the tinny, hollow effect a lot of independent electronically created music has.

I am also a sound designer. I used to run my own recording studio and my fella was a sound engineer for Old Dairy Studios in York.

We can help if you like.

I've downloaded the opening tunes RAR file (since the others are just sound effects, right?) and I've listed out what I like here.

opening-tune-0003.mp3 - Not sure if this would be a good opening sound, but I had to at least comment on its nice soft, melodic qualities.
opening-tune-0005.mp3 - Mystical, which is good, considering the name "Pandora". Not good on its own, but perhaps it could be a background for another sound.
opening-tune-0007.mp3 - "De-da-doo-de-da, Iiii'm Dooonnnne!" ;) (What I mean is: that's a good sound for completion, phone call, or some other notification.)
opening-tune-0009.mp3 - Another one that might not go well with general user interface effects, but it's definitely ominous. If it were possible, this would be perfect BSoD background music. :lol:
opening-tune-0010.mp3 - Nice! Good startup sound here. :)
opening-tune-0015.mp3 - This is similar to 0007, but it fits the alarm category better. Keeper. :D
opening-tune-0021.mp3 - Favorite startup sound here! It's a bit long, though. As a rough idea of how you could shorten it, you might be able to cut out the first 5 seconds. (Anyone using mplayer can run "mplayer opening-tune-0021.mp3 -ss 5" to see what I mean.) That, or you could speed up the tempo. ("-speed 2", mplayer users.)
opening-tune-0022.mp3 - "Hello, sir! Welcome to your first run of the Pandora!" ;)
opening-tune-0025.mp3 - A bit long, and perhaps a bit unorthodox when compared to the popular opening sounds, but this could definitely work.
opening-tune-0034.mp3 - If someone's into the punk, rap, hip-hop, etc. styles of music (sorry, don't know the genres well enough to say specifically) this would be awesome for them.
opening-tune-0046.mp3 - My other favorite, if only you could combine the first and second halves... Edit: Did it myself, results here. Came out better than I expected. :D
opening-tune-0062.mp3 - Spooky. :lol:
opening-tune-0065.mp3 - Very smooth, but a bit bare in my opinion.

I hope others can share their input as well. *hint hint* ;)

Edit: Woah, yet another reason to like your stuff: your music is really really easy to edit! :)

Back