Sorting/renaming Game Titles?

ccc

Still Fresh
Hi. I received my Caanoo a few days ago and I'm really loving it so far. A big thank you to everyone who's contributed in any way, shape or form to make the Caanoo such a great product. :)

I have a question though. Is there any way I can rename games and emulators in the game folder so that the order becomes alphabetic or emulators first, then games? I know a sort-folder application exists for Dingoo (which I also own), but it doesn't seem to work with the Caanoo. What I can see so far is that the Caanoo first looks for titles which contain Uppercase letters and everything else which is only in lowercase is sorted last. I tried to rename the applications and ini files, but of course the games were not visible anymore after that. I'm really not too keen on installing the Gmenu2x frontend since it seems it doesn't work for all apps I believe I read somewhere? So is there any solution to this sorting issue I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

Thanks in advance.

Akabei said:
You have to correct the paths inside the ini file, as well. I think that should do the job.
Bingo! Thank you so much my friend, that did the trick. Why didn't I think of that myself >_<

In case someone still needs help with this, here's what I did:

Rename both folder and ini file to identical lowercase names. I also added a 'e-' -prefix for each emulator and likewise a 'g-' for each game in order to sort them by 'type' on the Caanoo's Games list.

Then edit each ini.file and change the paths (three different paths need to be changed) so they match folder and ini.file name.

Examples:

Code:
[info]
name="PicoDrive"
path="/e-picodrive/PicoDrive.gpe"
icon="/e-picodrive/PicoDrive_s.png"
title="/e-picodrive/PicoDrive_t.png"
group="GAMES"

Code:
[info]
name="Animatch"
path="/g-animatch/animatch.gpe"
icon="/g-animatch/animatch.png"
title="/g-animatch/animatch_title.png"

Yeah, I think that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this tutorial created by BAFelton to be very useful, when I started working with .ini files

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/60320-tuto-making-ini-files/

zsonance said:
I found this tutorial created by BAFelton to be very useful, when I started working with .ini files

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/60320-tuto-making-ini-files/
Thanks for the heads-up. Pretty good tutorial by BAFelton.

Back