Sony PSP design

A little off topic, but the quote in the link that EdZ posted that said "We got older, Nintendo didn't" is exactly right. I want to fucking kill nintendo; i bought the gamecube on the standard that i have always had nintedo consoles and the games were ok. But these games like Mario Sunshine and Zelda windwaker are so baby-ish its not even funny.
Surely you like good games?

Last edited by a moderator:
8MB is plenty of RAM for a system like that. PSOne only had 2MB and games like Ridge Racer and such were totally loaded into memory. (You could even eject the CD and not have to insert it again)

8mb ram and a gpu would be more than enough to play game better than ps1.Especially if you consider the supposed speed and capacity of the new disc format.
FF109, gran tourismo,quake 2 list is endless and prices of used games come down very fast could be great

My brother got a Gamecube for Christmas and I have mostly been playing Mario Sunshine ( 72/120 shines ) and Zelda: Wind Waker ( earth/wind dungeons ). I can certify that these games are extremely fun. Sunshine is a little frustrating and shorter than 64 but just as fun and the FLUDD doesn't interfere with the gameplay. Wind Waker is OoT, the cel-shading isn't all to my taste but the dungeons are just as ingenious and there's a huge amount of side-quests. Sailing doesn't suck due to the cyclone teleports.

Note that I didn't mention how 'childish' the games are. It's nothing to do with it. These games are fun, content is irrelevant. We play these games for fun, not to look cool, last time I checked.

how much RAM did the dreamcast have?
(i'll tell you one thing, it had better texture management than the PS2 does!)

the developers are being uselessly whiny. if RAM cost was a non-issue, then I say sure. Why do you need super-power for a handheld? do they really intend to compete with PS2/xbox? I guess they'll have to, if it's going to be such a heavy price...

I wonder if that means they'll have a TV-out adaptor? that would change things dramatically, but then of course they'd be competing with their own home console.

The DC had 2x the VRAM of the PS2 (8MB vs. 4MB), and had built-in 4:1 texture compressors. (The PS2 packed in a couple extra coprocessors, though.)

Dreamcast has 16MB total RAM, PS2 has a (shared) 32MB.

Back