Sonic Robo Blast 2

Xenjoi

Still Fresh
Hello All! once again, I searched the forum before posting but found nothing useful to what im looking to learn. i downloaded the Sonic robo blast 2 Wiz port and in the instructions it says:

'Get the data files here: http://www.srb2.org/
Put the data files in the same directory on the binaries.'

i downloaded the file. (finaldemo1094.exe I would guess is what they mean, its the only thing you can grab from the downloads menu) but what the heck does it mean to put the data files in the same dir. as the binaries? the exe is actually a RAR EXE so I can expand and see all the contents. do i just copy all the files from the RAR'd exe to the same folder the SRB for Wiz is in?

lol Pickle can you hear me? I think you ported it good Sir :D any chance you can shed some light on this? ;)

Xenjoi

http://www.srb2.org/[/URL]

i downloaded the file. (finaldemo1094.exe I would guess is what they mean, its the only thing you can grab from the downloads menu) but what the heck does it mean to put the data files in the same dir. as the binaries? the exe is actually a RAR EXE so I can expand and see all the contents. do i just copy all the files from the RAR'd exe to the same folder the SRB for Wiz is in?

lol Pickle can you hear me? I think you ported it good Sir :D any chance you can shed some light on this? ;"]
Xenjoi

Its simple run finaldemo1094.exe so that its extracts to some location, you can copy all the files (excluding dll and exe) to your sd card, also put the wiz archive files in the same folder

Last edited by a moderator:

i downloaded the file. (finaldemo1094.exe I would guess is what they mean, its the only thing you can grab from the downloads menu"] but what the heck does it mean to put the data files in the same dir. as the binaries? the exe is actually a RAR EXE so I can expand and see all the contents. do i just copy all the files from the RAR'd exe to the same folder the SRB for Wiz is in?

lol Pickle can you hear me? I think you ported it good Sir :D any chance you can shed some light on this? ;"]
Xenjoi[/quote]
Its simple run finaldemo1094.exe so that its extracts to some location, you can copy all the files (excluding dll and exe) to your sd card, also put the wiz archive files in the same folder

ahaa!! Thanks Pickle! I was on the right track lol.

is it crispy game with clean framerate? and can you intstall wads????

Xenjoi posted on May 21 2009 at 12:11 PM said:

it runs ok, probably need some overclock, there are addon wads on their site but I have not tried any

Pickle posted on May 21 2009 at 04:08 PM said:

it runs ok, probably need some overclock, there are addon wads on their site but I have not tried any
how would you overclock the entire unit??

Xenjoi posted on May 22 2009 at 06:51 PM said:

download cpufreq and read the readme

Pickle posted on May 22 2009 at 07:03 PM said:
Xenjoi posted on May 22 2009 at 06:51 PM said:

download cpufreq and read the readme
*sigh* im dumb pickle, i need ya to hold my hand again. I downloaded it and read the readme but its to vague for my simple mind. i notice the battery test has a clock adjust too but i dunno if i want the extra data if i dont need it.... so, do i open the file and change the feq before adding it to the wiz of after??

You probably need to make a small script like this:

CODE
#!/bin/sh
./cpufreq --freq 600
./Program.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

Paste that in a new text file and save it as Script.gpe. Put it in the same folder as Program.gpe and cpufreq, and run it.

Make sure you save it with a text editor capable of saving Unix format text files, I use Notepad++, where you simply go to Format > Convert to Unix format.

ok, i think i get it. so i have to make one for each app and add it to the folder of each apps .gpe. only question from me now is: Is the rest of the script correct? is the root called gp2x still?

Xenjoi posted on May 22 2009 at 08:34 PM said:
ok, i think i get it. so i have to make one for each app and add it to the folder of each apps .gpe. only question from me now is: Is the rest of the script correct? is the root called gp2x still?
The last 2 lines load the menu again, it changes the directory the menu is in and then executes the menu.
root is always /
a ./ is a relative path, meaning run the binary from the current location

thank you Pickle! I guess what i was asking was, is the change directory line always the same or do I modify it to the folder im in?

EDIT: does this also work for flash games on NAND?

Xenjoi posted on May 22 2009 at 09:23 PM said:
thank you Pickle! I guess what i was asking was, is the change directory line always the same or do I modify it to the folder im in?

EDIT: does this also work for flash games on NAND?
its always the same to load the menu, you add those 2 lines to any app it will load the menu when it quits

i downloaded the file. (finaldemo1094.exe I would guess is what they mean, its the only thing you can grab from the downloads menu"] but what the heck does it mean to put the data files in the same dir. as the binaries? the exe is actually a RAR EXE so I can expand and see all the contents. do i just copy all the files from the RAR'd exe to the same folder the SRB for Wiz is in?

Xenjoi[/quote]

I tried it out also as you suggested, i.e. put eveything into one folder and copied the folder onto the SD card but I just get a black screen. I see the Sonic logo and it starts to load but then I just get a black screen. What am I doing wrong?

Regards

André

Xenjoi[/quote]
Its simple run finaldemo1094.exe so that its extracts to some location, you can copy all the files (excluding dll and exe"] to your sd card, also put the wiz archive files in the same folder[/quote]I tried it out also as you suggested, i.e. put eveything into one folder and copied the folder onto the SD card but I just get a black screen. I see the Sonic logo and it starts to load but then I just get a black screen. What am I doing wrong?

Regards

André

Anybody? I have installed the binary data from the srb2.org site.

Regards

André

fettouhi posted on May 24 2009 at 02:00 PM) [quote="fettouhi posted on May 23 2009 at 04:16 PM) [quote="Pickle posted on May 21 2009 at 06:03 PM) [quote="Xenjoi posted on May 21 2009 at 11:33 AM said:
Hello All! once again, I searched the forum before posting but found nothing useful to what im looking to learn. i downloaded the Sonic robo blast 2 Wiz port and in the instructions it says:

Xenjoi[/quote]
Its simple run finaldemo1094.exe so that its extracts to some location, you can copy all the files (excluding dll and exe"] to your sd card, also put the wiz archive files in the same folder[/quote]I tried it out also as you suggested, i.e. put eveything into one folder and copied the folder onto the SD card but I just get a black screen. I see the Sonic logo and it starts to load but then I just get a black screen. What am I doing wrong?

Regards

André[/quote]Anybody? I have installed the binary data from the srb2.org site.

Regards

André

im not sure where you went arry at but ill re-list the steps and try to include everything:

1. Download the final demmo from the site

2. install it to your PC

3. download the gp2x Wiz version from the archive and extract.

4. copy all the files from SRB final demo install folder except the config. the .dll's and the .exe and move them to your SRB Wiz folder.

5. Run

maybe you copied over the config file as well. i was looking at that but thought if theres one in the SRB for wiz folder, i think id wanna keep that one and not the one for the PC so i didnt copy it. my install works fine I just cant get the overclocking working.....I understand how it works now and im running it before booting to SRB but i dont see a difference even if i set it to 150 mhz or 800 =(

sorry if this isnt at all helpful lol

Xenjoi posted on May 24 2009 at 08:36 PM) [quote="fettouhi posted on May 24 2009 at 02:00 PM) [quote="fettouhi posted on May 23 2009 at 04:16 PM) [quote="Pickle posted on May 21 2009 at 06:03 PM said:
Xenjoi posted on May 21 2009 at 11:33 AM said:

Xenjoi

Regards

André[/quote]Anybody? I have installed the binary data from the srb2.org site.

Regards

André[/quote]
im not sure where you went arry at but ill re-list the steps and try to include everything:

1. Download the final demmo from the site

2. install it to your PC

3. download the gp2x Wiz version from the archive and extract.

4. copy all the files from SRB final demo install folder except the config. the .dll's and the .exe and move them to your SRB Wiz folder.

5. Run

maybe you copied over the config file as well. i was looking at that but thought if theres one in the SRB for wiz folder, i think id wanna keep that one and not the one for the PC so i didnt copy it. my install works fine I just cant get the overclocking working.....I understand how it works now and im running it before booting to SRB but i dont see a difference even if i set it to 150 mhz or 800 =(

sorry if this isnt at all helpful lol

Many thanks for the clarification. I'll give it a go, I just copied everything from the binary over in the srb2 wiz directory.

Regards

André

Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P0LHhm1rno...feature=related

The first part of that video the lvl remind you guys of something???

darkriku posted on May 29 2009 at 06:20 AM said:
Check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P0LHhm1rno...feature=related

The first part of that video the lvl remind you guys of something???
Video Commentor:
when will you release it?
i really want to play with the SA2 model!

Video Poster:
never, I lost all my files due to a hard drive crash, I've been saying this for the last 3 months.

Opps!

Back