Sonic Gem Collection

yeah, if only there was an xbox port as well!
i never use my ps2, guess i'll have to pick up the gamecube vers., the controls are gonna suck though(for me, don't like the gc controller much)

and sonic comics? archie comics? maan, i used to get that through the mail till about the 98th issue i think. still going?

I saw that at E3... I was amazed that Sega FINALLY figured it out... a Sonic Compilation just ain't worth the disc it's printed on if it doesnt' include Sonic CD!!

I might pick this one up just for that reason.

My big wish for this one though, would be an option to play Sonic CD with any of the US, Japanese, or UK soundtracks. I doubt it will be in there, but it would be sweet if it were.

is the uk soundtrack different, too? i know the us and jap versions have a diff. soundtrack.
have em both on neogenesis, still gonna get this compilation, though.

The Japanese soundtrack is far superior imo. I would imagine it will be region dependent as to which you get, although it would be interesting to hear from those of you who own US copies of Sonic jam...which region were the Sonic CD videos from in the bonus sections?

I own a PS2 but have bought a gamecube because it is more likely to provide 60hz mode whereas mega collection + didn't.

I believe the UK version had a different soundtrack as well.

I seem to remember, maybe a couple years ago, I found a Sega fan website, and they had a bunch of game soundtracks hosted. If I remember right, they did list three different soundtracks for Sonic CD. I think the UK version soundtrack was very similiar to the Japanese soundtrack but with some remixed tunes, I dont remember for sure though.

Personally I love the US soundtrack, and don't know why people think it sucks. I've heard the Japanese soundtrack and while it was good I didn't think it was just soooo much better than the US one.

EDIT: I found that website, it's SegaXtreme.net. It's a java website or something I can't seem to link directly to the sonic cd pages. Just go to segaxtreme.net, then on the right there is Sega sountracks.

Actually they only list the US and European versions, but I know I compared that to the japanese version at some point and remember them having some slight differences. The website does specify though that the euro soundtrack is "Very different from the US soundtrack but just as good".

The Soundtrack is identical in the Japanese and European versions, I have both.

The US version isn't bad, its just I think it's a little bland and fails to create a nostalgic longing for the 90's in me when I hear it. however I would imagine preference falls down to culture differences and just what you're used to.

Sega Xtreme isn't such a bad site but their are better. Those wishing to check out some sonic soundtracks, and perhaps listen to some music that they never realised existed should check out this http://www.sonicstrike.net/users/sonicroms/

i already have most of those games, only ones i don't, Sonic Fighter, and GameGear Spinball and the 2 tails games so this doesn't interest me that much, would be nice to have all in 1, but i'm not so lazy to just plug in my CDX for Sonic CD or my Saturn for Sonic R.

But the fighting game sounds interesting, i've never heard of it before.

I'm more than happy to plug in my old consoles for the usual lot (particularly Sonic R (saturn version is my fave version) and Sonic CD).

Sonic the Fighters (or sonic championship as it's meant to be known in the west) is a 3D beat em up featuring Sonic characters http://ghz.emulationzone.org/sonic/stf/stf.html, it's based on the Fighting Vipers engine and was developed by AM2, it was planned for the Saturn but by that point the system was almost dead, rumours of a leaked saturn code came about back in 1999 but I have never found it.

The emulator for it can be found here http://nebula.emulatronia.com/index2.php and is very slow, as for the rom, I can't tell you where to get it but my links over the past few posts might be worth looking at.

I've always hoped that it would be released for the world to play and I was expecting a dreamcast port, its the only sonic game I've never really played to the full (although I have finished the game at 10fps) aside from baku baku sonic patrol car or segasonic cosmo fighter, which I doubt anyone in the west will ever find in a million years.

***Just as I was looking up the nebula emulator I have found that a new Sega Model 2 Emulator has been created, maybe this collection won't be nessacary after all...I am going to investigate***

thanks for the link. that site actually has the mega cd isos up!
and yeah, how fast would the sonic fighters run on your system and what are your system specs? i have a fairly fast cpu so i should give it a go(never bothered to).

sonic r is a game i love also, finally picked up the saturn version too. i love these games for the nostalgic longing for the 90s also :D

I'm running on a 2.2ghz centrino, but its a laptop so performance is fairlylow anyway. I just gave the new nebula build a shot and it has improved dramatically, much smoother than before, I reckon on my 3.2ghz desktop it should be perfect.

Back