Some Testing Needed

mATkEUpON

Certified Guru
Hi everyone !!!! I'd be glad if you could download and test this *small* :D update, because there are some new features that need serious debugging...

You can't build vehicles yet, but you can launch some nasty nukes... (even more than one at a time), so any bug report, comment, and suggestion are welcome !!!

Groups are also available (L + A, B, sel or start to create, R to call).

I believe the rest is obvious.

Thanks for your help !!

Wow it's starting to look really good!

The nukes have a nice impact, but probably reload a bit quick for game balance. Though I do like the way the radar map winks out of existance when you move the cursor into the top right part of the screen, very slick.

One thing I've found that could be described as a bug is that if you have onscreen weapons fire with the music on, and then turn the the music off, the weapons fire and weapon report sounds are silenced, but the unit and building explosions sounds still play.

Well, thaks for that !!!! All bug reports are appreciated !!! And now it is corrected !!

I had one major problem, my screen kept fading darker then lighter, so I could barely even see sometimes.

I think the fade in and out is to simulate day and night, I could be wrong as I only played the first version....
I will DL today and check out those bad ass multiple nukes, mwaaahahahaha

Any idea when a version including build units will be erady bro???

Deano

Well, it's coming soon !!!!

The dev has slowed down the last couple of weeks, but next beta will arrive soon. map loading, mods loading, settings load/save, and vehicles construction. I agree the night is very dark, so it will be modified. But I still think it can be a good idea.

Hey, this version is awesome, but I have a few quetions.

Will the Final Version have harvesters?

What will the resource be? Money like in Red Alert?

Are you going to include infantry like in the Command and Conquer series or is it going to be vehicle only?

Is it going to have hights like in Red Alert(cliffs, etc..)?

Are there going to be boats and planes?

Are there going to be multiple tilesets like snow and desert?

Well, thats alot more questions than I thought I would ask but I hope you can answer them all.

I wondered if it was on a light cycle, sorry to diss a planned effect, it just was impossible to see on a non flu gp32, gamma 5 helped, though. Looks very nice!

For now:

Harvesters will be included in a different way than red alert

The resource will be the money

Infantry will not be included

Yes there will be cliffs, and other natural and non natural obstacles

Boats and planes are planned

Multiple tilesets is possible, the matter is the time it takes to build them

Good idea for leaving the infantry, mmmm more tanks lol

will be checking for this soon

deano

I've built a silo and clicked the nuke icon in the side panel and I still can't launch a nuke.

I then click on the target and nothing happens.

Nothing shows up in the unit window.

Someone help please...I wanna blow something up :lol:

Well Iorgy77, you have to wait a little before you can launch a nuke. A message comes up when it's ready, and the building opens. Make sure you have enough power, or else the nuke doesn't get ready.

For the units tab, it's normal as it's not implemented yet.

hmm sounds really cool..
about the mods you mentioned...
would a, Warcraft mod be possible, so you change all the graphics and some of the attacks? or is the mod menu for other things?

thanks mATkEUpON found the silo :)

I noticed that sometimes the nuke icon appears in the side panel before the silo is built... so I thought I had already built a silo.

Keep up the great work

If I could suggest an info screen that shows what all the different buildings are and an option to turn the day night effects off

A great Idea would be not to include mods, but have the game take them lika a doom wad so we could make our own. You need to concentrate on puttin out a good game and we will worry bout the mods if you leave it do we can

~Octavious

PS
please have helicopters....

Zayfod posted on Feb 18 2004 at 11:02 AM said:
on the build menu down the right (select button), there's a little radation symbol over what will be the unit build box. You need to build a missile silo first though...
radation symbol?
Where in the buildingmenu is the missile-silo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all of you !!

The missile silo is the flat building with one part blue, and the other yellow/black.

The other silo doesn't work yet.

For the mods, the playlist system is now implemented and working. The next beta should be ready tomorrow.

Back