Brikx - Alpha Testing

glezmen

Hi all,

I ported my old game, Brikx. It is still in alpha phase, but already playable, currently with 22 levels. The desktop version has a builtin leveleditor, if you would like to create new levels (what would be great ;) ), please contact me to get the latest version.

Download Brikx for WIZ
MD5: BE735493B87897FA96B2E8DFA08ABA79

I plan several changes/improvements, but feel free to comment.

A few words about the gameplay:

- The goal is to remove all the stones by moving them in various ways. If at least two tiles with the same color touches each other (they are adjacent), they will disappear.
- You can move any tile by moving the cursor onto it using the DPad, and pressing L or R shoulder button to move it left/right
- In some levels you can use special modes, like wall building, swapping tiles, etc. These modes are listed on the right. You can change mode by moving the mode-cursor with the A/B/X/Y buttons, and activate a mode by pressing SELECT. Using a mode other than normal move reduces your score! And the levels can limit which modes you can use (with Easy difficulty only your score is the limit)
- Your time is limited, if it's over, the level is automatically restarted if you have enough points to use Restart (the timeout system will be changed, most probably there will be no timeout, only the bonus scores will decrease if you spend more time with finishing a level)
- You can get a short but useful help by clicking (tapping) on the question mark on game screen or choosing Help from the main menu

Known major issues:

- the options screen is hard to read
- there are problems with transparency (for example the mode being used should be 100% visible, the others semi-transparent)
- you cannot type your name to the highscore list

br.png

Kojote said:
glezmen are you still working on this?

i dont' have too much time, but yes, i do :)
and meanwhile i changed my computer and the toolchain is still not set up on the new...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back