Some News From Yoyo! :)

B2FXE is a program that converts a .gxb (what you get after compiling something) to a .fxe w/o compressing

B2FXEC compresses the .gxb, and adds an unpacker in front that reads the rest of the file, and decompresses into memory (at least thats what I think, but it compresses it somehow).

If the .gxb is 5MB, it will take up 5MB of RAM, doesn't matter if he uses B2FXEC or B2FXE. Of course, B2FXEC saves SMC space, and adds a fraction of a second to loading time.

this might come off as an inane idea
but is it possible that he could stream it
that would free up tons of ram
but im not sure if its possible

Really great news but the limitation on file size for transparencies is a real bummer, as most of the games in which I encountered the problems were greater than 3 megs.

YAAYY for yoyo!!! He just released a new version of his Zodiac emulator LJZ with Genesis support too. Is there anything this man can't do?

Hes making a multiemulator nice but the amount of work multplies in ironing out bugs for each emu. Yeah I wonder how good the genesis emulation is.

diablo2 posted on May 12 2004 at 12:30 AM said:
this might come off as an inane idea
but is it possible that he could stream it
that would free up tons of ram
but im not sure if its possible
That's the first thing every non-coder suggests. It sounds good in theory, but you just can't access data fast enough if you stream. Only RAM is as fast as cartridge ROM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back