[SOLVED] Mime-Typing and autolaunching

Kosmos

First I wanted to fix the default browser problem. I could not setup a PND browser as default.

fine, I realized that I could make a shell script like this

pnd_run /media/BOOT/pandora/menu/midori.pnd

and then set this "default-web.sh" file as the default browser.

so it works, now clicking "Web Browser" in the menu launches midori.

BUT now the problem, If I want to click an HTML file and get it loaded into midori or clivk an AVI and get it into VLC I get nothing but the default app and the file is not handed off.

[default-video.sh]

pnd_run /media/BOOT/pandora/menu/vlc.pnd

Default setting in Thunar on a right-clicked avi has custom launcher set to

/home/USER/bin/default-video.sh

But when clicking an AVI I only get VLC launched without the video passed to it. I even tried adding %1 at the end of the command.

HELP!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is because pnd_run doesn't pass arguments to the executable in the pnd.

But I don't really know a solution to it.

Hopefully someone has a solution.

Until then, back to the bat-cave...

How is pnd_run implemented? If it is something like a bash script, it probably suffices to add something like $@ where the executable is called.

I've wroten wiki article for this when I din't have pandora.

http://pandorawiki.org/Pnd_run.sh

In short, pnd's suck.

E: There is some assiocation stuff with the PND spec been works for ages too, but dunno how well it would work.

Gruso solved my problem on this thread in a separate topic I posted on a related matter.

My topic was here:

and his solution is here:

http://pandorawiki.org/Pnd_run.sh

It took some fiddling but I got it working for VLC and Midori. So anyone else asking this can get there answer above.

Anyone able to answer my Repo question can check my other post. I wanted to install apps natively to solve this launching problem. Now that I have a solution to pnds I STILL want to know about the Repo question.

Back