[solved] extract icon from pnd

Once

Still Fresh
Hi people, I just received my Pandora a few days ago and it rocks :)

I have a question regarding customization. When a pnd shows up on the desktop or in the xfce menu, there is often an icon associated. How do I get this icon ?

Let's say I am adding a launcher to firefox in my taskbar, where do I find the firefox icon ? It has to be embedded in the pnd file right ? So far I found a workaround by getting the icon from the internet and copying it to a folder in my SD card but it would be better if I could access the icon directly.

any idea ?

Last edited by a moderator:
PND files are more or less Iso/Squashfs files with a PXML.xml and an icon appended. The icon and xml file should also be inside the Iso/Squashfs. I don't know how you can get the appended icon, but you can of course extract the Iso/Squashfs and then you have the icon.

But the easiest way is probably to look at /tmp/iconcache/, there are the icons which are displayed. This obviously only works while the PND is on an inserted SD card/USB device in the right directory.

the easiest way is probably to look at /tmp/iconcache/, there are the icons which are displayed. This obviously only works while the PND is on an inserted SD card/USB device in the right directory.

Thanks ! This is exactly what I wanted to know. All icons are there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back