Lost the Pandora icon (and several others) from the Taskbar/Launcher

Edy

Website
www.openpandora.es
I accidentally had removed the File Manager icon from the Launcher bar (it seems that for some reason the right-click menu was pop-up while the cursor was over the icon, then an accidental "click" over the "remove item" option did the rest). No major problem, but yesterday the same happened with the Pandora Icon! I cannot bring the menu anymore! Even the Pandora button at the keyboard doesn't work.

How can I restore the default icons to the Launcher / Taskbar? Remember that I don't have access to the Pandora menu, but I can open a File Manager as I (still) have that icon in the desktop. I can also open a Terminal from the File Manager.

i managed to accidentally remove the menu, if you right click on the taskbar and hit add itemsyou can add the menu back again, can't remember how i got it back with the pandora icon on it though

i've also now got a permenant launcher to restart the window manager when it crashes, seems to be quite often for me

Tips, tricks & tweaks thread to the rescue ;)

How to get the Pandora menu button back if it disappears

You need to right-click on the panel, click on "Add New Items", and then choose "Xfce Menu" from the window that appears, before clicking the "Add" button in the lower-right corner.

After this, you can right-click on the newly-added item and click on "Properties" in order to tweak it to your liking - you will want to uncheck the box labelled "Show title in button", because that prevents you from using an image for the menu button. You can assign an image to it by using the "Button icon:" option - the standard built-in icon for the menu is "op-start.png", which is easily found once you've clicked the "Button icon:" button.

Courtesy of Prometheus.

(Thanks for the PM by the way Edy, I'll get that one added too.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I reached the point of adding icons, but I there's no a clear "Pandora menu" item to add. What's the executable file the icon must point to?

Whoops!! Gruso answered when I was typing this reply.

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back