[SOLVED] Current CPU Speed

JerryBlade

Is there a UNIX command or a widget I can put on the Panel to tell me what the current CPU Clockspeed is? I have even tried messing with Conky, but it doesn't seem to support CPU speed in its host of system variables. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is exactly what I did for anyone else who might be interested:

1 - Right-click on the Panel and click "Add New Items..."

3 - Select Launcher and click "Add"

4 - Fill in Name, Description, and choose an Icon

5 - Enter the following Command: pnd_run /usr/pandora/apps/op_cpuspeed.pnd

6 - Leave BOTH "Run in terminal" and "Use startup notification" UNCHECKED

7 - Click OK

Anyone know how I get a script / kb shortcut to not needing the root password when executed?

Anyone know how I get a script / kb shortcut to not needing the root password when executed?
im sure it just needs something like

$cpu = (cat /proc/pandora/cpu_mhz_max)

zenity --info --text $cpu

I cant remember the code exactly but I did something like the above into a cpu.sh and just set the keyboard shortcut to launch that, Ill upload my script tonight if anyone wants it I use 8,9,0 for cpu ctrl + 8 = low cpu, speed crtl + 9 = high cpu, speed ctrl + 0 = showcpu speed

or I think you can put any script into the suoers file and then you wont need Password to launch

Thanks, I will try the suoers files. Also the speed change scripts would be interesting. Mine works, but it needs the root password which is kinda annoying. ^^

> anyway the task bar can show your actuall speed instead of 500 all the time?

+ 1

Also, having the battery remaining total time text showing under the percentage as before would be great, in order to save space on the panel ( it used to take one slot wide to show both bits of into, now it takes two slots wide ).

One quick thing regarding PndStore - having it automatically on the desktop now that it's shipped with the new hotfix would make it a lot more visible to new users if this isn't the default already.

Mal

I found my script for showing current cpu its

Code:
temp="$(cat /proc/pandora/cpu_mhz_max)"

zenity --warning --text="Currently "$temp" Mhz"

store that in a file like cpu.sh then set keyboard shortcut to "sh /media/SDCARDNAME/cpu.sh" and you ill get a simple dialogue with current cpu speed as for changing the cpu speed without password use the pandora script by using something like

Code:
sh /usr/pandora/scripts/op_cpuspeed.sh 880
where 880 is the wanted speed

once again this can be shortcutted.

hope this helps someone.

I found my script for showing current cpu its

Code:
temp="$(cat /proc/pandora/cpu_mhz_max)"

zenity --warning --text="Currently "$temp" Mhz"

store that in a file like cpu.sh then set keyboard shortcut to "sh /media/SDCARDNAME/cpu.sh" and you ill get a simple dialogue with current cpu speed as for changing the cpu speed without password use the pandora script by using something like

Code:
sh /usr/pandora/scripts/op_cpuspeed.sh 880
where 880 is the wanted speed

once again this can be shortcutted.

hope this helps someone.

Thanks, that helped me a lot! My script works great now. Before I echoed the new cpu speed directly into cpumax which always wanted root rights but calling "op_cpuspeed.sh xxx" works fine. :)

Back