[SOLVED] Advice on fixing power button

vinipsmaker

Website
vinipsmaker.github.io
Hello fellows,

here I am again asking for advice on how to fix a broken power button. Hopefully I'll fix it and seal the Pandora, then I won't face any problems again.

Here is a picture (worth 1000 words) of the broken piece:

Foto0039.jpg

Foto0039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit fuzzy.. but is it sheared right off?

It's a bit fuzzy.. but is it sheared right off?
I think I cannot use glues, because it's difficult to now where I should glue together (the center of where was the button) and I don't know how to ensure that only the plastic (not the metal part around) will be glued together.

But I can use the button with my nail, then I know there is a bit of friction on the broken part.

Okay so the actual switch is okay?.. if so EvilDragon or Link may be able to just send a new plastic piece..

Nope, that white piece is part of the switch.

The switch needs to be resoldered. I can send you one, if you like.

It's a bit annoying to have to replug the battery just to turn the Pandora on.
You can also turn it on by shortcutting the Mini Usb port. Or simple: plug in an OTG cable and it starts booting. 

The idea is kinda funny, you can have such a cable end at you keychain to use it like a "key" to start it.... Pandora immobiliser system...

Idea for pyra: make all pyras 2€ more expensive and add a pack cheap replacement parts (like should buttons, audio wheel, etc) to the standard package :) .

How about, spending 2euro on a power button that isnt dinky. They arent meant to be disposables. Doing it right one time ensures it never breaks.

A slider to lock L/R buttons i see some use for, as opposed to software config, but i would much rather have a button that feels of quality and explains itself.

Marking the wheel or having a knob for volume is also good.

http://www.alps.com/WebObjects/catalog.woa/E/HTML/Potentiometer/RotaryPotentiometers/RK08H/RK08H123002K.html is mabye a bit to tall at 10mm, but maybe something like it could be found.

The "have i turned it down, or is it turned up" question is better explained in visual nature than finding zero each time and going from there.

←Yellow yellow yelllow green green green red red red→  imagine this as the wheel.

Actually to the novice you might not know that turning it left turns audio down and turning it all the way right is maximum volume. At very little output impedance (which is good) combined with highly sensitivity headphones that is a recipe for potential hearing damage.

Back