Solar Charger

With a pinout diagram, you might be able to do it. I'm not an electrical-engineer kind of guy, though.

There are a number of solar panels that just go down to standard 120VAC, but they are expensive and large.

Depends on how it works ...

Does the GBA have in-circuit charging ability? That is .. does the GBA plug into the mains and charge it's own batteries. The GP32 cannot do this. If this panel acts like a mains supply you'll not be able to plug your GP32 into it without some extra gubbins(tm)

If this panel holds it's own battery and plugs into the GBA as a 3v feed, or replaces the batteries in the compartment then it is possible that it will plug into the GP32 too (get the polarity correct ;) )

Seems like it is a second GBA to carry with you, but looks worth it for continuous power :)

LOL@trooper :lol:

The unit has its own battery and charges the GBA SPs internal battery like when you have it plugged into the mains. Could probably be spliced about and used as a battery.

It looks like the panels are quite small from the photo. With solar cells surface area is important. You won't get much juice from that. You would need something like 6 times larger to work well. Look on the net for other solar cells. they make general purpose ones that are used for radios, etc that are much more powerful.

but what i read was that it takes 4 hours to charge a sp(on a good day) that must mean that whilst it is charging u can play direct my when you start charging i would guess because the battery life of a sp lasts probable well over 4 hours.... ;)

Back