Laser2x_lasered.jpg
Shader 1
Laser2x_lasered_02.jpg
Shader 2
aiwrijgkan4e9s16ryb6.png
Da Grooved
laser2xpngnh3.png
Triton

Seems I forgot to include one screen AND I can't expand the poll so if you like this one, please just post here or send me a PM.
laser2xinfiltr8qs8.jpg
Infiltr8

I like the hans wurst one (lol), but I think the background is a bit empty.
Make a nice background for it and you have an awesome title screen :D.

(maybe something like the eolair background)

I was torn between Triton and Eolair, in the end I went for the latter, suprised nobody has gone for Triton yet, it's really nice.

wooh 2 people voted for mine. I dont care if i dont win as long as someone liked it. Also i got some ideas from the triton one

lol no don't vote on mine. It doesnt have anything to do with the game!
Laser is a puzzle game... I mistakenly did a title screen for a shooter :rolleyes:

Just to clear things up. This is what the finished title screen I made looks like:
9c3c19952b.png

This is what the actual game looks like:
b4cdf78b11.jpg

There's no stars, no space ship and no planet in this game... My mistake!
Umm...but if you insist I guess you could use the first version. What a waste though -_-

Laser is a puzzle game... I mistakenly did a title screen for a shooter :rolleyes:

Umm...but if you insist I guess you could use the first version. What a waste though -_-

What you say is true, but think back on all the games you've played, especially the retro ones. How often is the title screen a screen shot from the gameplay? It's often an interpretation of some concept expressed by the game. Yours does that, and it's the best-looking entry in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto, In the olden days before flashy graphics there used to be very simple on screen visuals, but beautiful fantasy artwork that would inspire a feeling for the world around the game. If I'd seen that ingame shot by itself I wouldn't have thought anything of it. But juxtaposed with that cool spaceship/ galaxy shot I think it adds soo much more to the game visuals.

Ok I'm voting for that final Eolair one (two posts above).... anyone with me?

Haha...if you went back all the way to pong type games maybe. Where the gfx were so blocky you couldnt tell what it was :lol:
Or like Arkanoid where there were no defining artwork in the actual game.

I think this is different though...you can easily tell that game is about pointing a ground laser through a maze made of bricks ;)

Whohoooooooooooooooo, I was really happy when I got my first Vote. But what's that??? I don't like my picture!

Damn, who voted for me.

Thank you very much

Besides: Naw's backround is great!!! I had to vote for him!

Just to clear things up. This is what the finished title screen I made looks like:
9c3c19952b.png

This is what the actual game looks like:
b4cdf78b11.jpg

But there is Lasers! Lasers are in spaceships!
No, I (personally) really like your screen, what I wanted to ask from you, if you win (and it seems you will) would you mind doing a skin that fits the title screen? Like give the elements a futuristic touch? There is a thread with all the details here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=33271

Last edited by a moderator:
Back