So What''ll You Be Doing For The Next 4-8 Weeks? As Of March 8

gaming? which console group will you be playing the most?

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360

• PS2 / GameCube / Xbox / Dreamcast / other previous-gen console

• PSP / DS

• GBA / other previous-gen portable

• GP2X / GP32

• Total voters

I've got a slightly older laptop-sized setup here, a Core 2 Duo @ 2.16 Ghz, 2GB DDR2 800, and an nVidia Geforce 7900GS.

I play XMoto with it. And Compiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I play games on the pc, left 4 dead seems to be eclipsing every other game at the minute. Just the co-op campaigns though, I don't care for the versus mode at all. It's funny because at first I didn't take to the game at all, it all seemed so empty. I was playing cod5 a lot and thinking "I've paid 25 quid for it, I may as well get my money's worth" and having a few goes a week on it and then something snapped and I play it now to the exclusion of all other games :D It's great fun.
I had a go on cod4 for old times sake the other day and realised how fully it kicks the tits off cod5 in every way.
Did any of you ever play king's bounty? That's really took me by surprise, a great game to dip in to when you have an hour to kill.
Here's my steam ID if any of you fancy a game of left4dead one day

CODE
http://steamcommunity.com/id/_clippa_

I've been playing Order of Ecclesia nonstop, so when I completely finish it I might pick up Dawn of Sorrow. Man, do I love me some Castlevainia!

I'll be sneaking onto my brother's computer and playing Fallout 3 on the new character I made. His is better than mine, so it can handle texture packs and other awesome things.

'iprice' said:
Resident Evil 5 is due out on Friday and I've got it pre-ordered, so that's what I'm going to be playing for a while :)
yeah, im taking my copy of re5 to the klan meetup

PC - DOWII, Valve stuff, WOW maybe... LFS+Rfactor+GTRL ocassionally.
Xbox360 - Need to finish 4th disc of Lost Odyssey... cant do that for 6 moths... need to finish GEOW2, some other new stuff I have not even started xD
PS3 - LBP,GT5P with G25 maybe.. Want to play Flower.. some other stuff probably.

'PoisonedV' said:
im going to a lan party on the 21st, so probably quite a bit of tf2, l4d, fear 2, rune, and other lan games
im also playing hawx but im holding off till i buy a semi decent joystick (im thinking logitech extreme 3d, saitek cyborg evo, or saitek st290)
and ive been playing fear for an hour or two a day the past week and ill be finishing t hat up
Better play IL-2 or Lock On they are at least need Joystick.. hawx is really meh...

I guess it gets better?

nope.
I'm playing SuperTux on my 1.2ghz fanless Eden.

(Oh, and Left4Dead. )

Using VIA? O_O

And about RE5... cant play that.. That game mm.. WTF... you cant walk and shoot? you need to press a button to run? WTF japan? WTF with controls?

I don't really play games any more, no time for that! Plus my PC is way too old (Athlon XP 2GHz and GeForce FX 5500). Shame as I'd really like to try DoW2 and left for dead if I could find time!

I'm going retro ...

PS2: Burnouts 2-4, Driver PL, RE4

PC: I want to go through HL2 one more time. Trying to get into Bioshock too, but ... meh.

I ... I'm afraid ... I'm MMORPGing the time away by solo grinding Dungeon Runners.

i'll be working on ZOMB'D (development section if curious)
or else... i'll be playing fallout 3 expansions, get me some sweet resident evil 5. (just got me the whole collection on pc to get me back in the mood/storyline)
And Vampire bloodlines the masquerade I need to finish that game a second time but this time as a Malkavian!

oh an i'll probably surf aimlessly these forums like a soulless body

yay.

Speaking of HL2.. Cinematic mod 9.5 is really impressive stuff (even considering it's ~15gb size). It add a bit of replayability since I remember pretty much everything from all HL's to date..

I'll likely be playing PC games:

-Fallout 3
-SW Battlefront (1)
-Battlefield 1942 + expansions
-Battlefield 2 + expansions

And for the LAN/system-link parties:

-Halo 1 & 3
-Rainbow Six Vegas 2

I'm actually hoping to spend more time coding than gaming, but the chances of that happening are low at best...

'Squidge' said:
Not much, I don't really play that many games, but I will be attending Breakpoint (breakpoint.untergrund.net) :)

BTW, Why is this in the Pandora section? ;)
Because squidge, it's Pandora orderers who're waiting 4-8 weeks.

well, Wiz too i guess :p

:pandora1: :)

oh, moved? meh fair enough, it's fairly offtopic anyway :lol:

'gp32rich' said:
I'm going retro ...

PS2: Burnouts 2-4, Driver PL, RE4

PC: I want to go through HL2 one more time. Trying to get into Bioshock too, but ... meh.
PS2 Is retro? Man, I wonder what PS1 is? What about Nintendo or even atari or colecovision or a c64 or Atari 8-bit? Or the 16 biy home computers? I would think that retro right now in this day and age is pre 32 bit systems, from the atari/fairchild era to the demise of the 16 bit consoles and machines and pre-windows 95 for the PC.

Chris

Where are all the gamepark users? Have we been so innundated by new people waiting for the Pandora that we get wiped out in the noise? Or are people bored with their machines? To be frank, I don't see how you can get bored with all the emulators out for the gp2x and gp32. There are well in excess of 10,000 games you can play on this little gem. Granted, not all of them are good, many of them suck ass. But with the sheer numbers of games available even if it's only a small percentage that you like, you are still dealing with hundreds of games (at least). If 3d is your thing, you might now enjoy it, but presumably most people bought the gp2x knowing it wasn't a 3d powerhouse. But at least you have games like quake and doom and duke nukem and wolfenstein. Personally, I don't play 3d games. I think I was probably just too old when they came out. The PS1 came out in late 95 which means I had just turned 26. The move to 3d meant ugly graphics (at least at the time) and a whole new way of looking at games. It also brought in cd loading games which take forever to load (or at least did then) and I just lost interest and that is when I got into emulators to play the older games I understood and knew how to play. It's not nostalgia for me to play old games, it's playing games I actually enjoy. It's also nice to find an old gem you didn't know existed, so its not like you are not getting anything new. I've found games that are 15 years old that are brand new to me. But that's just my take.

Chris

Just ordered a Dingoo A320, so that should tide me over until either the Wiz or Pandora finally get released. :D

Back