So Many Problems... :-(

Walrus

Still Fresh
I'm a fairly experienced Caanoo user, and just bought a Pandora. First impressions are not good, sadly. Some of the problems:

- Right side SD card slot faulty, although I managed to get card in.
- Neither of the 2 x 64GB Sandisk SD cards are even recognised.
- Wifi allegedly connects but can't even do a google search.
- No sound.
- When shut down and on charge with lid closed, it keeps switching itself back on.

Am I alone in having these problems? The SD card issue is the worst aspects, as I can't play any games. Frankly I'm pretty disappointed and will stick with the excellent Caanoo for now.

Are there any basic guides for how to set this gadget up? I need one, as so far it's a dead loss. What a waste of money!!

Walrus said:
I'm a fairly experienced Caanoo user, and just bought a Pandora. First impressions are not good, sadly. Some of the problems:

- Right side SD card slot faulty, although I managed to get card in.
Extra plastic on the case?

Walrus said:
- Neither of the 2 x 64GB Sandisk SD cards are even recognised.
Did you format the cards? What does 'dmesg' report?

Walrus said:
- Wifi allegedly connects but can't even do a google search.
Try 'sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off', and read this.

Walrus said:
- No sound.
Dunno.

Walrus said:
- When shut down and on charge with lid closed, it keeps switching itself back on.
It will turn on when plugged in. Unplug it if you want it completely off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lack of sound seems to be softwarewise , run xfce4-mixer from command line and set Master as default
No need to use the command line, I think.

I had no sound as well when I first got it. What you do is click on the icon with wavy blue lines on the bottom-right side of the taskbar in Xfce, and turn up the volume. It's muted by default.

P.S. If you need help, try the wiki; it might have answers on some things.

My Pandora was on the first firmware when I got it a couple weeks ago, did you install hotfix 5 atleast ?

MontyQ said:
My Pandora was on the first firmware when I got it a couple weeks ago, did you install hotfix 5 atleast ?
I'm installing that now. I updated another thread about my 64GB SDXC cards:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53989-64-gb-sdxc-cards/page__st__15

A 32GB card is recognised so the slots work... Worst case I can now use the Pandora with 32GB cards so the situation is improving :) The second SD slot is also just sticky but works ok now. I will persevere, and am used to messing around with computer stuff, just was a bit tired yesterday after a hard week, boohoo ;-)

Jo.

Back