So.. If It Can Run On Linux?

Aninhumer said:
As the chips are USB devices, I'd imagine the drivers are included already.
Otherwise, they could probably be compiled in quite easily to test, and maybe included in a later image.

I'm sure there are some people who'd like to play NES games straight off the original cartridge. :p

The driver is a kernel module, so it just needs to be enabled, but I don't have much experience with the kernel across achitectures, so I wasn't sure if all the same modules would be available.

It lets you transfer save files too, and I would like to be able to move my wizardry saves onto the pandora and back to the cart so I can play on the go.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
crade said:
The driver is a kernel module, so it just needs to be enabled, but I don't have much experience with the kernel across achitectures, so I wasn't sure if all the same modules would be available.
In general they are. All the basic ones (and USB->COM is definitely a basic one) will be. I've only encountered one kernel module that was active in the x86 kernel but not in the ARM kernel, though I'm sure there are more. It was my wifi driver. I just needed to build the module manually which wasn't that hard.
USB hard drives, com ports, modems, GPSs, etc... should mostly work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back