Snes Slow Fps

Deaths Shepherd

Still Fresh
I was playing Super Mario World 2 on my gp2x using DrPocketSnes, which i understand to be a pretty good emulator, yet the fps for this game was terrible, it was often running at less than 5 FPS, i havn't overclocked my gp2x, but i doubt it'd do much to even make this game playable, any ideas? Are there any good non rpg's that run at full speed or close to full speed on snes.

Station said:
I was playing Super Mario World 2 on my gp2x using DrPocketSnes, which i understand to be a pretty good emulator, yet the fps for this game was terrible, it was often running at less than 5 FPS, i havn't overclocked my gp2x, but i doubt it'd do much to even make this game playable, any ideas?
Try playing the GBA version, it's supposed to run faster than the SNES one.

Info

Last edited by a moderator:
Try using squidgesnes - I find that it runs games really well don't forget to overclock slightly ~230

Your best bet is to try different emu's for different games - some handle 3d better than others likewise with 2d.

For example for Mario kart I use squidge and for superstars I use Pocket.

Hope this helps

Super mario world 2 uses the super fx chip, wich isnt emulated yet and will propably never, as said before use the gba version of yoshis island.

Thanks, i didn't realise it used the chip, i thought it was only 3Dish games like Starfox that used it, thanks for the advice.

Back