Smudge Marks On Gp2x Casing

The Master

You may have seen this thread, where I was searching for a cleaning solution for "smudge" marks on a GP2X, to no avail.

I just noticed this eBay auction: HERE. If you look around the buttons on this picture, these are the sort of markings I'm talking about, except mine are mainly around the 'A' button, and not quite as bad as this one looks.

It seems they won't come off, but my question now is, has anyone else here had this sort of problem at all? I'm curious as to what one could possibly get on their fingers that might cause this sort of permanent mark - especially since I know I've been pretty careful. Would like to avoid it happening on my other units!

Anyone had the same? And any ideas on, if not cure, then at least prevention?

Last edited by a moderator:
It can't be on mine though, I'd barely used it at all when I first noticed these marks - seriously, less than five "sessions" I reckon. Unless certain units have a problem with the matte finish?

Your fingers wouldn't happen to be made out of sandpaper, would they?

:p

heh, it's probably just regular wear and tear then... I've seen those marks on other devices with the same texture.

It's the matt they used on the plastic coming off from using the GP2X. Begins to make it look unsightly if its everywhere hence why I polished off the whole matt with toothpaste to give my GP a shiney look lol.

It's the matt they used on the plastic coming off from using the GP2X. Begins to make it look unsightly if its everywhere hence why I polished off the whole matt with toothpaste to give my GP a shiney look lol.

Will this keep it off for good or is it a temporary solution?

No no that does not keep smudge marks or anything off the toothpaste will take off the matt finish as its an abrasive only reason I did that was (other than being a nutt) is under the matt finish the plastic matches the gloss of the lower level plastic so rather than having those shiney scratches and smudges appearing on the facia I just polished the whole thing to make the unit one colour.

It can't be on mine though, I'd barely used it at all when I first noticed these marks - seriously, less than five "sessions" I reckon. Unless certain units have a problem with the matte finish?
Mine started showing up after about 8 uses, It just happens. Besides its whats on the inside that counts :D . Whats funny is that this phrase can actually be used and makes sense.

Back