Gp2x Questions - Newb

RobTheBuilder

Still Fresh
Please forgive me if these have been asked before, but I wondered if anyone has any inkling on these GP32/GP2X questions:

-Does anyone know what sort of price GP2X is expected to retail at? Or has it not been announced yet?

-Is there any liklihood of MD/Mame/Amiga emulators, I appreciate N64 and PSX are prob too far to expect.

-Do games on GP32 run direct from memory card? or do you have to mess around to get them to work? I assume this wil be the same for 2x...

-Do we yet know whether GP32 games will run on 2x?

- Ive heard of a November launch date... is this what people here have heard?

Thanks

Rob

RobTheBuilder posted on Sep 9 2005 at 09:30 PM said:
-Does anyone know what sort of price GP2X is expected to retail at? Or has it not been announced yet?
"below 200$" it will be about 170$(gp32z)/120gbp(gbax)
-Is there any liklihood of MD/Mame/Amiga emulators, I appreciate N64 and PSX are prob too far to expect.
megadrive and mame is very likely, maybe also amiga and psx, we will see.
-Do games on GP32 run direct from memory card? or do you have to mess around to get them to work? I assume this wil be the same for 2x...
yes, they run direcktly form the stick, at gpx2 you ahve the choice tor un them directly form sd or from the internal flash.
-Do we yet know whether GP32 games will run on 2x?
no, they wont.
end of october at gbax, beginning of november rest.

pleas use the search function next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey I've only just realised, Dr MD - stands for mega drive!!!!

I am SO dumm

RobTheBuilder posted on Sep 9 2005 at 07:30 PM said:
Please forgive me if these have been asked before, but I wondered if anyone has

-Do games on GP32 run direct from memory card? or do you have to mess Thanks

Rob

Well considering that we have a full speed MD emu on the GP32 right now it is for sure that one will be on the GP2X.

Great, thanks :)

Ive had a search around but nothing seemed to be coming up, may just be my internet connection playing up!

Cheers!

lubidog posted on Sep 9 2005 at 09:15 PM said:
Blimey I've only just realised, Dr MD - stands for mega drive!!!!

I am SO dumm
It's not Dr MD, as in Doctor Megadrive, it be David Rees' Megadrive

And I Believe he is already porting it to gpx2

X2 is surely getting alot of attention these days.

Both good thing and a bad thing for GPH though. Hope Nintendo stays oblivious of all this.

Yeah you shake that fist... never mind that they could make you "dissapear" if they wanted to. :D

They wouldnt mess with GPH unless they thought the 2X was specifally trading on the ability to pirate their Intellectual Property. Since they dont actually make the emmulators they're safe, but if they keep mentioneing SNES emulation without coughing up some cash to Nintendo they can get caught in a law suit.

Vimacs posted on Sep 9 2005 at 07:45 PM said:
"below 200$" it will be about 170$(gp32z)/120gbp(gbax)

Is that gbp price including vat? I thought the price was around £100 ex vat (vat of 17.5%) so £117, give or take.

Just checking. I've got preorder of this and the Xbox 360 coming out at the same time, and i earn a megre £50 a week, so i'm saving like... erm... a saver(?) at the moment.

Vimacs posted on Sep 9 2005 at 09:45 PM said:
end of october at gbax, beginning of november rest.

Excuse me??

Unless craigx did something to get the first consignment exclusively for him when he went to korea, i know of at least one online shop that will have them by the end of october. And around 20 euros cheaper than the 124.99gbp that were announced some time ago, if I'm not wrong.

But yeah I'm probably wrong or have outdated information, because all this sounds a bit strange.

Yes, that 120 GBP from GBAX includes VAT. We still need to wait for the final price, but that's the one that Craig said when asked.

And if you have a look at some of the other general gp2x forum threads, you'll see that Craig did indeed get the first batch exclusively.

barnesy posted on Sep 10 2005 at 11:48 AM said:
Yes, that 120 GBP from GBAX includes VAT. We still need to wait for the final price, but that's the one that Craig said when asked.

And if you have a look at some of the other general gp2x forum threads, you'll see that Craig did indeed get the first batch exclusively.

I see. In that case, GPH didn't bother noticing the rest of distributors.

Segata Sanshiro posted on Sep 10 2005 at 09:52 AM said:
Perhaps the other distributors weren't in Korea supporting them! ;)

barnesy posted on Sep 10 2005 at 11:53 AM said:

They're still distributing their product and risking their money.

I understand that after going to Korea, the least GPH could do was giving the first batch exclusively to Craig though.

But still, they should bother emailing the rest of distributors.

It sounds like it's only a matter of weeks anyway. I'm sure that'll feel like years to those who have to wait though!

barnesy posted on Sep 10 2005 at 10:53 AM said:

Craig wasn't supporting them as such, he was sticking his nose in and demanding things from them for devs, so we can have better emu's :)

But yeah, the GP2X could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for him.

Craig does a good job for homebrew and stuff, but his prices are just ridiculous. and the psp thing was plain dodgy.
Not that I'm a craigist though, I love the craigs! My best mate's a craig. and he's a bob, and he looks like a henry, and he's a haroldinaette. Infact, he's ev ery name you can think of! And I think he's proper bo I tell thee.

Back