Smilies

Who thinks (thoughs that are interested) we need more/better smilie icons.

• Yes, I think we need more or improved icons.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I am happy with the current selection of icons.

• WTF, I couldn`t care less, I have more important things to worry about.

• Total voters

trooper

Trooper`s watching you !!!
Website
Visit site
Ok, This is a very trivial subject, But i have noticed that there are great (understatement) number of boards using Invision Power Board software. The thing is, Alot of them have a great selection of smiley icons.

See here towards the bottom of the page (steve-O`s post).

Granted, Hando made a great gp32_console icon available to us. But other than that we are still stuck with the same selection of smiley icons we have had for sometime.

What do you guys/girls think ?

Trooper

:mellow: Oh yeah that would be pretty cool. did you know there are a few more when you click on the show all link
right below the gp32_console :wacko:

medieval.gif
thumbsupsmiley.png
specool.gif

too bad I can't see those images.haha :lol:
Oh and people that vote they have better things to do, obviously don't because you had time to vote. HA! :lol:

kuriboh posted on Oct 28 2004 at 03:55 PM said:
COR? what does that mean? what a stupid question but very interesting. :D

COR is the sound that is made by someone who is amazed, Shocked, excited or surprised.

Eg, COR!, Look at the tits on that. (sexist i know, But what the hell) :rolleyes:

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
(let's protest) WE WANT ICONS WE WANT ICONS WE WANT ICONS WE WANT ICONS WE WANT ICONS WE WANT ICONS WE WANT ICONS WE WANT ICONS...
Guess that didn't work. hahaha ha :lol:

There should be an option 'Smileys are overused already, for the love of god no more'.

The only time I saw new smileys on that page was where some idiot Steve-O posted three of them in quick succession. People have 'smiley fits' where they scan the smiley list for anything remotely resembling the content of their post, or often just any smiley at all, and click about 3-5 of them in needlessly. They spam their posts with billions of little faces perhaps because they can't convey their emotions well enough with text, but more commonly just because they can.

Thankfully we have a smiley limit. And a reasonable selection of icons. Some are needless - IMO the text 'gp32' is better than a stupid icon, I don't want to play picture puzzles every time I read a post. And the ninja is overused in many posts when it has no real meaning (even I am guilty of this).

Adding more? Let's see... a knight? Where the hell am I going to use that? Oh I can see it now:
some moron said:
wow rlyeh this is a real great release you are truley a savor of teh community!
medieval.gif
thumbsupsmiley.png
specool.gif
Smileys are designed to represent your emotion at the time. I have never dressed up as a fucking knight. The thumbs-up one is OK, but the 'Cool' one is redundant as you can say that with text.

Ultimately, not impressed, and recommend not adding any more wretched smileys to this forum :)

Last edited by a moderator:
well we tried :( could you atleast put th thumb one in I love that one. if not that's cool or B)

Back