Smc Reader

pistolD

Still Fresh
I have sort of a strange problem with my GP and was wondering if you guys could help me out. On my comp at work I fixed up my GP, downloaded and installed the USB drivers, downloaded PClink and the registration program, got the launcher/installed it, and put Nester along with a few roms on my unit.

Now, I've tried doing the same thing at home, but my comp will not allow me to install the USB drivers and he PC Link program is appearing in a funky computer script o_O

So, what I was wondering is, could I use an SMC reader and just put anything I wanted on there without having to deal with PC Link and stuff? I've neve used one before so I would like to know.

Thank you for your time.... gp32_console

Yes.. an smc writer wont need you to do any gamepark specfic stuff... or you can go back to work (daunting I know) and put GPDrive on you smc and that way you can use the GP32 as a removable stoarge device.

Redo the installation and when it says something to the effect off "This driver isn't signed by Microsoft, therefore it sucks" click the box that says something to the effect of "Continue Installation anyway" rather than the one that says "STOP installation". Or do what he said, GPdrive is a good tool.

GP Drive is a godsend - all I got using USB were 'time out' errors. I can't recommend it enough.

Paul

Are you doing that thing where you double click the driver expecting it to install on its own? because it wont really do that on some machines, or OS (no clue which specifically causes this).

The for the USB drivers you have to connect the system let the computer go "hey what is this" and ask for the drivers, put it out and let it install that way.

GP Drive is a godsend - all I got using USB were 'time out' errors. I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah GPdrive is cool. It erased my SMC two times in one day :))
And YES, iI unmounted it drom WinXP!

But most of the time it works really great, but DO MAKE A BACKUP of your SMC!

It should work with LINUX aswell, but it doesnt work for me (FC 2). Does it work for anybody with LINUX?

salut,
creature

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool folks, thanks for the help...

Now, if I were to want another SMC to store stuff on, I would need to format that as well right? I'm pretty sure of that just double checking.

Also, do you have a link to GPDrive so i can read more about it? Thanks

Back