.smc File Help...

Marigul

Still Fresh
How do you load a .smc file onto the card, which directory should it go into? Does it need a separate memory card?

Thanks

If the .smc file you are talking about is a pirated gp32 game expect to be flamed which you are already. Piracy of comercial gp32 software is discouraged on this site and pirated software in .smc format can't be played on a gp32.

On the other hand I know there is some emulator that uses .smc as a file extention for it's roms. I can't think of which one it is off the top of my head but if you are in fact asking about how to play a certian type of rom for an emulated system please provide more information. What system is the game for and what emulator are you trying to use if this is the case.

yet piracy of other non GP32 software is encouraged via emulators and conversions....not that I want to contribute to the flamewar...

but thanks for the person with actual helpful info! I guess I will look elsewhere for the info....

In short..

Piracy on the GP32 is bad due to the fact that gamepark needs every penny it can get and the software is still being sold commerically.

The majority of the other systems/conversions, the games are no longer commercailly viable. (something ware.. cant remember)

As for Roms, some people may actually own the games (grey area alert) and just because the fact that you have the means to do something illegal doesnt mean you have to.

This is debatable and is generally heavily opininated. As for the SMC file.. I can think of two things that are needed to run it on a GP32... dont know how the heck to get them but I think I know what they are...

smc = snes roms I think

SHIT PEOPLE!!!! replies such as "fuck you" and the like are HARDLY nescessary!

a .smc file isn't ALWAYS a pirated game! iirc, darkfader was porting descent to the gp32, and it only had a .smc file...

and some of the demos for pc...granted they won't work on the real hardware... :rolleyes:

in short, everytime you see .smc, don't piss your daipers and start yelling "YOU WAREZER PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!11111" <_<

there IS a legetimate .smc packer... <_<

NOT ALL .smc files are warez!

Vimacs posted on May 10 2004 at 01:34 AM said:
Can't you see it's a newbee question and not a warez question?! :blink:
Be sure before swearing. ;)

.smc can be a file you created with Makesmc in order to test on geepee or because noobs believe the real gp32 hardware needs .smc instead of .fxe for instance. ;)

Stop swearing please. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back