Small Pandora Bounty

JWWargo

Still Fresh
Hey-low,

I've been a nomadic writer for the past couple years and one of my favorite pieces of writing software is Celtx.

It's an open source, all-in-one for writing novels, TV/film scripts and radio/theater plays. A lot of my writing in the last few years has been used on this. It would be lovely if I could continue to use this software on the Pandora.

Here's the source code for the latest version: http://download.celt...9-1-src.tar.bz2

I would think it not too hard to port over, they already have a Linux version available.

I'm offering a $10.00 Paypal gift as payment to whoever can get me writing in style on the Pandora.

Loves,

JWW

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks interesting, never heard of it before, thanks for the link!

I myself have had celtx on my list to work on/hope for a port, but figured since it used mozilla as a backend I'd best wait til I had some time.(I still don't have much ) Glad to see there are more qualified people around.

EDIT:It's funny I ended up doing this myself. :) That's the problem when I have flexible classes..I push things off for crazy projects like this.

Celtx on the Pandora would be sweet. I've written a few short film screenplays on the Mac version, and being able to share the project files between that and the Pandora...yeah...

I tried to get this compiled today, but it seems to have problems with wchar sizes.

Also, I wish the build system allowed to to specify a TARGET_CXXFLAGS so target specific flags could be set, but oh well.

@hdonk:Is this the same spot you came to and didn't have time for? Does/did Firefox have this same issue when building? It seems there is supposed to be a --disable-short-wchar, but it doesn't seem to work on Celtx.

EDIT:hm...the short-wchar in CXXFLAGS doesn't seem to affect it when compiling on the system...must be a case of a bad cross-compile setup.

EDIT2:ugh after some silly perl debugging...why is the localisation not packaged with the source? the only one there is en_US, but the build system seems to be expecting it somewhere else.

Wow, I finally got it compiled.

WWxBh.png

It didn't help how many times the build system caused X11 to stop responding (rebooting, removing zero byte files..hand building problem dir..etc) and the fact I mis-named the locale dir en_US instead of en-US for the longest time.

Here's a bzip of the binaries...I haven't made a PND yet..because I'm not sure if I should since I compiled this on Debian-SD..whose libstd++ is different. I bundled debian's lib as a workaround for now, but it really should be compiled with Pandora OS's libs.

https://us.bucketexp...pandora1.tar.bz

Here's a link to my sources at this point. In case someone else is interested:

https://us.bucketexp...-soruces.tar.bz

oh..and there's issues with a few buttons being too big/wrong places. This is a general celtx issue on other arches I think.(someone compiling to ubuntu ppc had same issues.) Just know the welcome screen's browser button gets in the way and the save and quit dialog can't show yes or no.(only cancel..you have to use the close button on dialog to quit)

EDIT:so I packaged this sloppily into a PND anyways. I won't put it on the repo, but it might make it easier for people to use since I'm not sure when setting up something on the Pandora OS will happen.

https://us.bucketexplorer.7071edbdbb1169aa0127873b1b45608c850bd791.s3.amazonaws.com/celtx.pnd

Nice! Though I'm not interested in this program, I just like the fact you did it and it looks great.

Thank you so much for your efforts, eyecreate!

I got the program up and running but hit kind of a big snag. I cannot create any new projects. It brings up a error message window stating "Celtx could not open the project you selected."

I haven't had a chance yet to import my project files over from my laptop yet, hopefully later today. I will let you know how that goes.

Please PM me with a email addy I can paypal the bounty money to. Thanks again!

Money has been sent.

Just reflashed to Hotfix 6 RC and still cannot open a new project using any template. I won't be able to transfer over my project files from my laptop until I find a computer monitor to hook it up to, my laptop screen burned out last fall. I checked the pndrun_celtx.out file but it didn't look helpful, the only line that looked curious was:

*** fetchBannerData: Unknown error

But that doesn't sound like it's related to the problem of not opening a new project template.

Nope, I get that error too. I'm thinking what could be wrong, but hard to pinpoint since all it said to you was it failed. Verify this folder exists: %pandora-appdata-folder%/celtx/.greyfirst/celtx/%randomnumbers%.default/CeltxTemplates

I'm hoping the issue is that there's no/missing files there. Another thing you could try is deleting your celtx appdata folder and seeing if that works.

Also, thanks for the followup. I'm more glad to have this app available on the Pandora. :)

hi,

thanks for the efforts with regards to this project. has anyone figured out the "starting new project" problem.

CJ

Back