Ski/winter Games

adso

Still Fresh
I was asking me if there are sky or winter games to play with our gp2x emulators. The only game i know is sky or die for Amiga.

Winter Games for C64 for example.
Hyper Sports for MAME is the best for me.

Line O posted on Feb 11 2007 at 08:03 AM said:
It would appear "sky" = "ski". As in the Amiga game referenced: "Ski or Die".
Yes sorry. I mean skI as snow games. Not skY as airplane games :D

Last edited by a moderator:
adso, explore some more--every console/computer has a few skiing/winter games on it.

For example on SNES:

Val D'Isere Championship
Winter Extreme Skiing
Winter Olympic Games - Lillehammer '94
Winter Gold FX (doubt this one works, it uses the Super FX chip)

Anyone remember Winter Olympiad (or wasn't this Winter Olympics)?

Was one of the first games I played on the Atari ST. Good old days! I had the ST value pack, so may still have the original 'blue' disc floating around somewhere!

On Moby Games its called 'Winter Challenge: World Class Competition', maybe that was the name then! :D

http://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-st/win...ion/screenshots

I wonder if this works in the ST emulator. If I remember rightly it didn't push the hardware too much.

I just discovered "Microsoft - the Best of Entertainment Pack" for Gameboy Color. It has a great version of SkiFree!

c64 winter games is still the best. also world games (c64) has a slalom skiing component + ice barrel jumping. and games winter edition

recap ;)
Winter Games
World Games
The Games : Winter Edition

This would be a nice project as a homebrew game! Come on, jump on it :)

I was going to mention ski or die, but somebody beat me to it. However, I only knew of the NES version.

And I'm not sure if there's an emulator for it or not, but there was a skiing game I recall playing on Atari ages ago. I have no idea what it's called, and I couldn't tell you which Atari, though. I didn't even know there was more than one until a few years ago. I guess I just didn't pay attention to that kind of thing back then. So I guess I'm not much help, huh?

Magus 86 said:
I couldn't tell you which Atari, though. I didn't even know there was more than one until a few years ago. I guess I just didn't pay attention to that kind of thing back then. So I guess I'm not much help, huh?
I guess it's because they had too much imagination in naming their systems ;)

[comedian]what's the deal with double-posting 8 minutes after?[/comedian]

PS: [comedian]what's the deal with airline peanuts and being drunk?[/comedian]

:rolleyes:

Alex. said:
[comedian]what's the deal with double-posting 8 minutes after?[/comedian]

PS: [comedian]what's the deal with airline peanuts and being drunk?[/comedian]

:rolleyes:

Well what the fuck? That's a very good question, alex... I can't even begin to come up with an explanation for that because I haven't even been back to look at this thread since I posted until now...

Back