Similarities Between Dreamcast And Xbox360

The XBOX 360 will fail....

And those comparisons were stupid... you could have done the same comparing it to the nes.

I remember when the XBOX was coming out...

XBOX will fail blah blah

Microsoft don't know how to make consoles blah blah

Too expensive blah blah.....AND my favourite:

I will never buy an XBOX because I'm a bastion of moral superiority blah blah

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I remember when the XBOX was coming out...

XBOX will fail blah blah

Microsoft don't know how to make consoles blah blah

Too expensive blah blah.....AND my favourite:

I will never buy an XBOX because I'm a bastion of moral superiority blah blah

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Turns out they were right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like MS's consoles better than Sony's.....At least Microsoft's consoles dont fuck up withen a month of getting them...The DVD player for the Xbox is WAY better than the Sony one...in fact its well worth the money buying the adapter for the 'box.

The retards lining up to buy Xbox 360s on opening day who don't have HDTV's waiting for em make me el oh el. :lol:

no, and games look pretty good on an reg. tv. i borrowed my friends and used the vga adapter to hook it up to my lcd monitor, though. looks amazing!

if you're used to the latest PC games in high settings and AA, then it won't wow you so much, but it is still very nice. and that's the big difference between Dreamcast and X360; not so much a big step up.
still, it's very nice, and i don't think the PS3 will do much better. some people are under the false sense that the ps3 will output all games in 1080p, hehe. not with that 7800gtx ;)
anyway, things are looking good hardware wise..let's just hope that great, diverse software\games will follow!

I actually like MS's consoles better than Sony's.....At least Microsoft's consoles dont fuck up withen a month of getting them...The DVD player for the Xbox is WAY better than the Sony one...in fact its well worth the money buying the adapter for the 'box.

1. My PS2 lasted 4 years until my sister broke it; I got one the first day they came out.

2. Xboxes don't fuck up within a month? You're only half right - they fuck up instantly. Read this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051124/ap_on_...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

and this: http://theinquirer.net/?article=27898

and this: http://theinquirer.net/?article=27901

M$ claims that it hasn't been bad. Given their past history, it could be terrible, but with the benefit of the doubt, they're at least having some trouble.

Yeah, but no-one makes a fuss if their console is working ok.

..and, what is this about:

There are loads of "postings" from Xbox 360 owners

"loads" - snigger.

According to xbox websites EACH 4th 360 is faulty, or in other words, over 15%.
What a mess.
I would feel so cheated if i would have bought such a brick for 400$+.

Microsoft didnt "expect the problem to be so big", so they knew it was there.
The release was totaly rushed to get it out before xmas.

Some of the comparisons sucked such as...

DC - Had tons of amazing games...but no Halo 3 ||| XB - Will have Halo 3. And it will be huge.
Wth? :huh:

XB 360 is awesome though B)

Some of the comparisons sucked such as...

DC - Had tons of amazing games...but no Halo 3 ||| XB - Will have Halo 3. And it will be huge.
Wth? :huh:

XB 360 is awesome though B)

yeah, they need to get off halo. i think halo 3 won't be so huge..same game, updated graphics.

^ yeah, overheating 360 issue seems PSU related. either that or the coolers for cpu\gpu aren't installed properly, which is unlikely since construction looks solid enough from pics.

Back