Should I buy a Pandora now?

It's also usefull for other stuff.

The possibility of two 128GB SD-Cards will make Pandora to your best friend.

Everything is with you, Music, films, games and documents.

You can't REALLY emulate DS.

Pandy has only one screen.
Take it you've not tried DraStic yet? It was quite a surprise to me how the lack of a second screen is not much of an issue for the majority of DS games. You can either have 2 small screens shown at one time or 1 large screen and swap between the DS screens with a keypress.
The only issue is that I sometimes assume that the upper screen is also a touch screen, but of course the DS has only one touch screen :)

The only issue is that I sometimes assume that the upper screen is also a touch screen, but of course the DS has only one touch screen :)
That shows how good an emulator it is, for some reason even after owning one for 5 years I still mistakenly use the top screen on the DS as a touch screen :)

@ Keyz35 : If you have no budget to work to and you want the best handheld for emulation of classic systems than the Pandora 1Ghz is definitely the one for you.

What about buying an Android console? I'd like something only for playing retro games, something easy to use... I'm not a fan of tweaking... Don't you think Android is easier to use than Linux?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes buy one,you can make so many thinks with this wonderfull open little Thing ;)

But think before what you want to play or experimentate.

I Recommend the GHZ Version,but for most People reaches the Classic Edition.

When you want to use Android on Pandora or Qemu(for Win95/Win98) or the newest Emus like PPSSPP and DraStick

recomment i the 1GHZ Version.

I dont thought that you can make so many thinks exept playing,when i ordered it.

When it hangs on the Money,can you buy the Clasical Pandora @ Dragonboxshop and the

most work there too,here a Video with Dance Ejay1(Dance MAchine) with Windows98 and Touchscreen,

recorded with the Classic Pandora(sorry for the Peepsound in Backround)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y6iMNP6cIsc?feature=oembed

You can do so much with the Pandora we cannot write all here ^_^

I think the 600 Mhz version should be enough for my needs... I don't need to emulate Android...

MAME/DosBox/NES/SNES/MegaDrive/GBA are my favorite systems. ;)

Well it doesn't emulate Android.. it can run Android.. the 600mhz unit with a bit of overclocking is fine for many Android games, Netflix player etc.. The Pandora is really versatile.

What about buying an Android console? I'd like something only for playing retro games, something easy to use... I'm not a fan of tweaking... Don't you think Android is easier to use than Linux?
The Pandora default OS is quite easy to use; if you use PNDManager to install software and Pandafe to launch the emulators, things are pretty much as easy as it can get. No need to tweak anything if you don't want to. You still need basic skills like knowing how to create a folder and copy files into it, but I guess that shouldn't be a big problem.

(you can also run Android on the Pandora if you really prefer that; the other way around (running a full GNU/Linux system on an Android device) is usually impossible or much harder)

If you're into retro gaming, basically the only reason not to buy a Pandora is not being able to afford it.

I own a PSP/DS/3DS and a bunch of other random gaming portables and I haven't touched them since I've gotten my Pandora.. which I use all the damn time..

Highly recommended.

I think the 600 Mhz version should be enough for my needs... I don't need to emulate Android...

MAME/DosBox/NES/SNES/MegaDrive/GBA are my favorite systems. ;)
DosBox / Qemu will need every little bit of power they can get their grasp on, so if money isn't a big factor I would recommend the 1 GHz version - don't know about MAME. For everything else even the classic should be sufficient.

This is a good question. :)

Here are some games that I like :

- Doom 1 & 2

- Duke Nukem 3D

- Blood

- Witchaven 1 & 2

- Shadow Warrior

- Rise of the Triad

- Jazz Jackrabbit

- Abuse

- Commander Keen series

- Titus The Fox

- Aladdin

- The Lion King

- Prince of Persia 1 & 2
- Flashback

- Another World

- Body Blows

- Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3 & Trilogy

- Earthworm Jim

- Gex

- Day of the Tentacle

- Sam & Max

- Rayman

- Raptor

- Leisure Suite Larry 1 (reworked), 5, 6 & 7

The adventure games from your list; Sam & Max, Day of the Tentacle, Leisure Suit Larry etc. can all be run via ScummVM.  And they look stunning on the Pandora's screen.

Mortal Kombat 1 works fine on MAME4ALL, MK 2 and 3 run on Panmame but a little slow on my 600mhz machine.

Titus The Fox, Aladdin, The Lion King, Flashback, Another World, Body Blows and Earthworm Jim.

Are all available on multi formats, I played them on Amiga but I know most are also available on Megadrive and possibly other formats so it's a case of which version you prefer.

Duke Nukem 3D runs fantastically with the eduke32 port even on my first batch Pandora. However Blood since the source code is forever lost will require DOSBox or Qemu. I played with Blood and it's almost playable with Dosbox on my 600mhz Pandora with a ton of overclocking, I've seen a video of a 1Ghz units running it better. While I know Shadow Warrior's source code is available, I haven't seen any ports to ARM for it. I tried porting it myself but had no luck. So DOSBox would most likely play it the best. 

Edit: Video (Makes me want to buy a 1Ghz unit) Also the guy has the brightness way too high.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KEL7JCUoIZg?feature=oembed

You can't REALLY emulate DS.

Pandy has only one screen.
Take it you've not tried DraStic yet? It was quite a surprise to me how the lack of a second screen is not much of an issue for the majority of DS games. You can either have 2 small screens shown at one time or 1 large screen and swap between the DS screens with a keypress.
Did not know about DraStic.

Might have to look at it.

Back