Short Curcuit

sokuban

Still Fresh
I think my GP32 has a short curcuit, when i put in the brand new batteries it doesn't turn on and when i take the batteries out they are hot, i don't like the feeling of this. :unsure:

Did you try a different set of batteries? Are they rechargeable? Have you dropped or severely jarred your GP32 lately?

take it to bits and have a look. little cross-head screwdrivers are easy to find. hell, I did it for fun!

pussy. <_<

are they shit batteries? i got some shit batteries before and they lasted 20 minutes, and when i took them out they were nice and warm, but if yours doesn't even switch on, i'd ltake the back off and have a look around. hey, sometimes even just taking something to bits and putting it back together again fixes it. but get new batteries..

Do you use an AC adapter sometimes?

I was going to post about almost this exact same subject tonight.... Bought myself an AC adapter for the GP32. (First, I can't stop playing it and swapping out the rechargables when the game(s) gets interesting sux, and second, just makes sense to skip the middleman and drive up my power bill directly)

Started using the adapter, took forever to get the thing working properly as the GP32 manual and the little diagram on the bottom of the GP32 (mine at least) are telling two different stories, so figuring that out was a pain. After a while I got the adapter working and it's a beautiful sight... Woo! So I put the adapter away, and decide to go cordless and the batteries stop working. Now I'm having a cow, cause I figure something with the adapter overwhelmed the thing. Use the freshest charges batteries... Try each one in my MP3 player, and they register as full power, so they're fine. Then I realise that in the adapter plug there's a little catch that disconnects the batteries when the adapter is plugged in. Stuck a piece of plastic inside and turned it around the adapter center pole and lo and behold, it worked.

Cheers Winterkid I was having the same problem with my BLU. I'd be using the AC adapter fine, but when I changed to batteries it just would not work. But when I tried it again after 30 minutes ( without doing anything to it ) it worked again. But I'll try your fix next time, 30 minutes is a long time without my BLU :)

*AHEM* i have waited much more than 30 minuites, more like a few days and they aren't shit batteries unless you consider duracell ultra shit. So yea ill guess ill take a peek inside. and no i dont use an ac adapter, i dont even have one

shortcircuit2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you use an AC adapter sometimes?

I was going to post about almost this exact same subject tonight.... Bought myself an AC adapter for the GP32. (First, I can't stop playing it and swapping out the rechargables when the game(s) gets interesting sux, and second, just makes sense to skip the middleman and drive up my power bill directly)

Started using the adapter, took forever to get the thing working properly as the GP32 manual and the little diagram on the bottom of the GP32 (mine at least) are telling two different stories, so figuring that out was a pain. After a while I got the adapter working and it's a beautiful sight... Woo! So I put the adapter away, and decide to go cordless and the batteries stop working. Now I'm having a cow, cause I figure something with the adapter overwhelmed the thing. Use the freshest charges batteries... Try each one in my MP3 player, and they register as full power, so they're fine. Then I realise that in the adapter plug there's a little catch that disconnects the batteries when the adapter is plugged in. Stuck a piece of plastic inside and turned it around the adapter center pole and lo and behold, it worked.

Darn, and I thought my GP32 was FUXED! But I'm not getting it, could you somehow draw a diagram or take a picture?

insert a coin in the SMC slot, it only runs for about 20 mins before you have to pay some more.

j/k, take it apart if you're daring and look for a loose piece of metal or a lose wire or something. use a magnet if you want (but take out the smc just incase).

you never put a magnet over electronic components no matter what- will damage it extreamly

Back