SGX544 and glx support

codifies

Very Active Member
Looking around on the internet support for the SGX544 especially Xorg looks problematic

I've found developing on a system without for example GLX support is a disappointing experience and my main reason for a Pyra would be for "on the go" development, so full Xorg support would be essential.

Is there any sign of "official" X support from TI or imagination ?

They have officially removed X support if that says anything?

Atm. best bet for X11 integration seems to be via lunuxbochs glshim.

I'm planning to provide GLX and windowed X11 GL support for the Pyra (sans desktop shaders for now though). Pretty much none of the first-party mobile drivers provide GLX anyway, just EGL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning to provide GLX and windowed X11 GL support for the Pyra (sans desktop shaders for now though). Pretty much none of the first-party mobile drivers provide GLX anyway, just EGL.

Does this mean we'll need to build our own Irrlicht etc. to use your libraries, rather than get them from the Repo? (Not a big deal, but thought I'd ask)

I'll probably still use my version of glshim, that I'll embed into the dbp, as long as the merge between the version is not done.

Whats support for things like GLFW likely to be like?

Is it likely that accelerated GLES2.0 will work with LWJGL "out of the box" ?

Programs that support accelerated GLES 1.x or 2.x against EGL, and GL 1.x sans shaders against GLX should work accelerated out of the box (in both windowed and fullscreen modes) once my driver work is ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back