Seven New Caanoo Games Uploaded To The Archive

My apologies too. I was soooooo knackered yesterday. And obviously touchy/grouchy.

Thanks for the info Orion4874.
As for PSD files - I don't use anything other than MSPaint for my stuff (and IconEditor to add transparency to my icons), but thanks anyway. I haven't got time today to have a play, but might be able to knock something up tomorrow.

BTW Your Balloonacy image is ok; reminds me of a C64 logo. If I can't come up with anything I might end up using that. Cheers.

Wow! That's a massive release!

I remember I have played few of the games before, just updated with these releases.

I really liked Guru Logic Champs which I remember playing in the past and unlocking many of the puzzles even if there is way more. It's very well presented, funny game, good idea.

I just tried Ballonacy, reminds me of a same title for C64 and CPC 8bits, needs a bit of patience but controls are good.

Blitz also reminds me an old basic game on CPC, now this is a better remake with particles and stuff.

Gotta check the rest soon. Great job!!!

Thanks for the games Ian, I will check them all.

I love ´lunar lander´ type games, so I´m exited about the ballon game!
Did you try using the g-sensor to control it?

I´ve added g-sensor support to that tree game of mine and it works a charm, quite sensitive.
Thanks again.

Cheers chaps :)

Added another game to the Caanoo archive - Cat Trap (as requested)

cat_trap.PNG

http://dl.openhandhe...?0,0,0,0,27,864

@ Erico; Balloonacy is nothing like Lunar Lander (so sorry if it got your hopes up) and no, it doesn't use the G-Sensor - it's just a straight port of the wiz game, which didn't have the sensor. It would probably be impossible to play if I made use of it TBH! Just try it with the normal controls!

@ Optimus: Even though I owned a CPC I never knew there was a game called Balloonacy until I released my version a couple of years ago. I then found that there was an arcade game (which was later ported to C64) by that name and the game was somewhat similar in concept - I assure you this was a complete coincidence. My game does differ from those other versions. I'll have to check out Balloonacy on CPC now, as i wasn;t aware of that version at all.
BTW Blitz was a Type-In game in ACU IIRC (based on the Vic 20 game) and fondly remembered, despite it's simplicity.

[EDIT 2] Added a couple of simple title bars for Balloonacy and Blitz.

That's the stuff, thanks so much iprice! Runs nice on the Caanoo, haven't found any bugs whatsoever.

This is a very addicting game guys so download with care! ;)

Oh, I edited the title of the thread one more time for you.

Awesome work iprice! You surely did some of the best homebrewgames for 2x and wiz - a craftmanship celebrated to rarely these days, sadly...

Here's a brand new game from me (but based on an old one - Super Collapse).

It's a quickie I created just for Halloween - it's not big, it's not clever but it is a spooky slice of Caanoo gaming for free.

hallowian01.png

hallowian02.png

http://www.iprice.re...f/Hallowian.rar

Game is TOUCHSCREEN ONLY.

This game is NOT uploaded to the archive. This game is NOT public Domain or OpenSource and is exclusive to forum members on gp32x.de. I do not authorize re-distribution or hosting on any other sites as copyright permissions do not allow this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tested Hallowian.
hooked on Hallowian...I will have to intern myself to stop playing it :)

Really well polished game.

@ Erico; Balloonacy is nothing like Lunar Lander (so sorry if it got your hopes up) and no, it doesn't use the G-Sensor - it's just a straight port of the wiz game, which didn't have the sensor. It would probably be impossible to play if I made use of it TBH! Just try it with the normal controls!

Yep it is different, but it has a bit of similarity on the way you move the ballon, and gravity, and landscape avoidance.
I believe g-sensor control could breath a special life into it.

But it really depends on your will/feel to add such, I have become a fan of caanoo´s g-sensor as its precision is as great as the touch one .

Congratulations again. :)

long time since the last time i visited this page, but i'm happy to know that there are unselfish people who cares about their caanoo and bring new games to the scene!!

I just had a try on Blitz and I have to say, it's still a very nice game. I guess, one of my friends had this game on a VIC 20 tape and it brings back some fond memories. I'm a little late, but thanks for that Ian.  :D

Back