Setting up an Emulation/Media centre?

Garrett

Advanced Member
I've recently inherited a pretty good specced gaming laptop & am interested in connecting it to my Living room TV & using for all things emulation & something like XBMC.

Anyone here done something like this..? could you give me a few pointers or direct me to a another resource that could help.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
i use my mythtv computer for running emulation. What OS are you running?
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Think I've discovered why I've inherited.. it's not recognising any USB peripherals.. been trying to fix for hours without success (any help would be appreciated)

Everything else works great & the performance is very good with the various games I've tested so far.. I'll not be using it for anything other than browsing though (HATE! trackpads with a passion) if I can't fix the USB situation.

After re-installing the OS there's now no connection, Wi-fi or Ethernet & can't install anything to try & fix as there's no USB access.

Is there anything I can do..?

Got dvd drive?

D/L your wifi drivers and all other drivers for that model off the website using another PC, copy them to disc and install that way.

You'll get all your connectivity back, perhaps reinstalling USB drivers might sort that issue too?

Back