Serial Port

craigletheren

Still Fresh
Hello,

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to access the CLI from the serial port output (via the cradle) please?

Thanks,
CR

But that *is* the terminal. Just kill the menu with Ctrl+C and you'll get a prompt.

Orkie said:
But that *is* the terminal. Just kill the menu with Ctrl+C and you'll get a prompt.
That's the bit I'm having trouble with. When I hit Ctrl+C it does nothing at all. I've got an F200 if that makes any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a text file, rename the extension to .gpe and tell the menu to run it. Chances are you'll end up with a black screen on the LCD and a prompt on the serial port.

Squidge said:
Take a text file, rename the extension to .gpe and tell the menu to run it. Chances are you'll end up with a black screen on the LCD and a prompt on the serial port.
Brill. I'll give it a try and let you know if it works. Thanks very much.

your terminal emulator is probably suppressing the ctrl+c, try another one.
some good choices:
putty (multiplatform)
terra term pro (windows)

Vimacs said:
your terminal emulator is probably suppressing the ctrl+c, try another one.
some good choices:
putty (multiplatform)
terra term pro (windows)
I've tried TT Pro but not Putty. I'll give that a try also.

Squidge said:
That worked, although I can't type anything into the term. I've tried several different terminals and none allow me to type anything in. I'm suspecting this is why Ctrl+C doesn't work. I think there is something wrong with my serial cable. I'm going to try another one.

Back