Serial Leads?

deadfolk

Still Fresh
Does anyone know where I could get a GP2X serial lead these days? Toyz4Boyz aren't selling them any more, and I need one to unbrick my 2X.

Thanks in advance,

DF

Squidge posted on Feb 20 2006 at 02:04 PM said:
You don't want voltage changing? That's quite odd, what are you going to connect it to?

Maybe a dreamcast? haha

Yeah, that is a little strange with a DB9 connector though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I see. I don't think you are going to find anyone that does that however, as the voltage convertors are so cheap, and can normally be got for free as samples :)

deadfolk posted on Feb 20 2006 at 03:43 PM said:
Does anyone know where I could get a GP2X serial lead these days? Toyz4Boyz aren't selling them any more, and I need one to unbrick my 2X.

Thanks in advance,

DF
Same here :(

Please PM if you are able to lend a cable, thanks :)

Squidge posted on Feb 20 2006 at 04:11 PM said:
Ah, I see. I don't think you are going to find anyone that does that however, as the voltage convertors are so cheap, and can normally be got for free as samples :)

while the voltage converter might be inexpensive to include in a cable, the battery must drain faster!

that is why i would prefer a serial cable without a voltage converter ... and why someone may make one.

however, any thing would do for the moment so perhaps i'll have to build this:

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/SamsungE810Cable

If you don't want to drain the battery faster (it's really negligable anyway, but...) then you can power the max3232 from the PC's serial port rather than the ext port. This is what I've done myself.

Back