Sellout

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcp

im simply wondering
if the first batch sells out within the first day or week, would a second batch come sooner

i just dont see production and manufacturing taking that long in between batches
is it funding?

just i think i may need another week to think about this
thanks

Craig has told us that there is already a commitment for more than one batch. The second batch is slated for 2009, and we've not heard about anything that could speed up/slow down that projection.

emcp said:
im simply wondering
if the first batch sells out within the first day or week, would a second batch come sooner

i just dont see production and manufacturing taking that long in between batches
is it funding?

thanks
I think some of it stems from the fact that they want to "survey" the first 3000 and make sure there aren't any glaring hardware/software problems that they need to fix before they send out the next batch (which will probably be significantly larger).

Last edited by a moderator:
Vorporeal said:
emcp said:
im simply wondering

is it funding?

thanks
I think some of it stems from the fact that they want to "survey" the first 3000 and make sure there aren't any glaring hardware/software problems that they need to fix before they send out the next batch (which will probably be significantly larger).

true,

at least its a valid answer

seriously ggizmotigger
how is it a crap question

you could yap about it being asked before, and id accept that
but it isnt a stupid question

seriously how many people have such a sad life to waste 10 seconds of their life typing a reply, "thats a crap question"

i have read nearly every question answer on forume and to tell you all the answers are there but people are to lazy to read..

lets just ask anyway cos some dumb person will always answer ;)

THAT TOOK 13 SECONDS

Vorporeal said:
That will surely be the best approach. The "MK3" board will likely have a few bug fixes and possible cost reductions. Not sure what you meant by "survey", but I doubt that the first 3000 owners will need to be actively surveyed to provide feedback on glaring hw/sw issues. I'm sure the hottest problems will crop up on this board before any people can be asked. At the price people are paying for this baby, they'll expect some level of quality, and any performance below certain reasonable expectations will very likely be signalled without the need to be solicited.

That being said, with all the reported Digg exposure and potential uninformed folks swamping the preorder site and forums (I'm watching those "joined" dates before I roll my eyes), I think I might change my mind and indeed order rather early. I originally wanted to sacrifice my preorder to someone more worthy, but given the potential onslaught of noob questions, I think I'll sacrifice their order instead.

ggizmotigger said:
i have read nearly every question answer on forume and to tell you all the answers are there but people are to lazy to read..

lets just ask anyway cos some dumb person will always answer ;)

THAT TOOK 13 SECONDS
Your not doing yourself any favours, Keep it up and you could end up winning a holiday.

I`m not referring to this particular post either.

Trooper

As pointed out in the newsletter, the next batch won't be available until 2009. If something changes, it will be posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back