Second Hand Gp2X Amd Mame4All

Lurch666

Still Fresh
I bought a second hand gp2x and am wondering if it's working ok.I have lots of handhelds so am used to sorting them out but getting mame4all (v2.5) to work on my F200 with 4.1.0 firmware is just stumping me.When I start it I briefly see the rom list (fraction of a second) then It selects the first rom and I get the settings screen.Then no button seems to do anything and I have to reset my gp2x.Anyone else had similar problems because an extensive google search aint turned anything up.

Thanks dudes.

You should try other games/apps/emus, so you see if it's a problem only with MAME. And I suggest to verify buttons pressing in Settings section.

Thanks for the suggestions.Button tested OK and I've run frodo OK.Tried formatting the SD card and different rom sets.Bit puzzled by it's action of jumping to the setting screen and stopping there.Oh-and I've tried gp2x mame as well.I get the splash screen then just a blank screen.

EDIT:could it be because I'm using a GP2X and not a WIZ?

UPDATE:Even though I have frodo working I have tried some other c64 games and noticed that the joystick seems to have fire pressed down all the time.Going to have to try some other emu's to see if this is a common problem.If it it emulators could be sensing a button held down even though there isn't one (would explain why Mame4all skips to the first rom then won't do any more-It's waiting for the button to be released).The system check shows all buttons working ok but reading another thread about the touchscreen working ok in the select screens but not in a game it could be something similar.

There we go-all fixed.Mame and other emulators working now.I came across a post somewhere saying that the last firmware update for the gp2x (4.1.0) caused problems with some emulators so I put open2x on it and now everything (so far) works fine.

Back