Sdl_sound

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Im trying to get this library built correctly to add to my toolkit setup. Im a little new to this. Im using Yaustart's prepackaged setup.

1. I cant get it to get through ./configure to make the config.h
2. I can build it through codeblocks and it seems to link for another project for release, but not debug. complains about linking some of the functions. (solved)
3. The release build for the above project doesnt play sound, which makes me wonder if i need the config.h

Im trying to run the configure through mingw minsys. Heres where it dies: (does the same for open2x/devkitgp2x)

checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking target system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

Quiest said:
SDL_sound? Why not using SDL_mixer? Whats the difference?
I cant really say exactly, heres what im going off of: (My first guess is the GUS requirement?)
BaK uses the following packages (minimum required version number is listed):

* SDL-1.2.8 (REQUIRED)
* SDL_mixer-1.2.6 (RECOMMENDED)
* SDL_sound-1.0.1 (RECOMMENDED)

SDL_sound also requires a GUS compatible set of sound patches. Most linux distributions should provide packages with a set of sound patches to be used with SDL_sound, SDL_mixer or Timidity++. Otherwise look at the SDL_mixer website for a freely downloadable set of GUS compatible patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Quiest said:
SDL_sound? Why not using SDL_mixer? Whats the difference?
I cant really say exactly, heres what im going off of: (My first guess is the GUS requirement?)
BaK uses the following packages (minimum required version number is listed):

* SDL-1.2.8 (REQUIRED)
* SDL_mixer-1.2.6 (RECOMMENDED)
* SDL_sound-1.0.1 (RECOMMENDED)

SDL_sound also requires a GUS compatible set of sound patches. Most linux distributions should provide packages with a set of sound patches to be used with SDL_sound, SDL_mixer or Timidity++. Otherwise look at the SDL_mixer website for a freely downloadable set of GUS compatible patches.

I got to compile and its working now.
According to the author he needs SDL_sound for the midi sound effects, the mixer was ok for music MIDI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back