GP2X Sdl_gfx Dynamic Library

Orkie

Super Duper Mega GP Mania
Website
www.gp2x.dev
I've been trying to cross compile SDL_gfx for the GP2X, but I want dynamic libraries and for some reason, I only seem to be getting static ones when I compile it. Here is my configure line:

Code:
	$(TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS) \
	CFLAGS="$(TARGET_CFLAGS)" \
	./configure \
		--target=$(GNU_TARGET_NAME) \
		--host=$(GNU_TARGET_NAME) \
		--build=`uname -m` \
		--with-sdl-prefix=$(STAGING_DIR) \
		--with-sdl-exec-prefix=$(STAGING_DIR) \
		--prefix=/usr \
		--exec-prefix=/usr \
		--bindir=/usr/bin \
		--sbindir=/usr/sbin \
		--libexecdir=/usr/lib \
		--sysconfdir=/etc \
		--datadir=/usr/share \
		--localstatedir=/var \
		--includedir=/include \
		--mandir=/usr/man \
		--infodir=/usr/info \
		--enable-shared \
		--enable-static \
		--disable-mmx

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I'm just using a generic 2.0.16 tarball for the source.

Thanks

Just a quick one, but have you tried removing "--enable-static"?

I don't have much experience here, so I might be completely wrong, but don't dynamic libraries only work with GCC2.95 - GCC3.3 due to the way GPH built the system?

It is to do with the version of glibc you link against, but that is pretty much irrelevant here anyway since these are libraries which are destined for a future open2x release :D

I'm working on a better GP2X toolchain and at some point in the near future I will have to compile sdl_gfx dynamically with gcc-4.1.1 and glibc-2.3.3.

The project web is at https://gna.org/projects/gp2x-toolchain/ feel free to join the project or mailing list.
Its based around Gcc-4.1.1 and Glibc 2.3.3 with Crosstool to make compiling easier and all code/libs built with software FP.

My problem is I can't figure out the subversion system on Gna. Could you direct me to the SVN administration for dummies guide?

Hi Orkie,

I have just updated the version of SDL_gfx in Open2x SVN to sync it with 2.0.16 and I am having problems generating dynamic and static libs. If I revert back to 2.0.13 then static and dynamic libs work great.

You could take a peek at the open2x-libs.sh and makefile.o2x in the libs module to see what I do but it is mainly a call out to configure anyway.

I will take a look tonight at what is broken in SDL_gfx 2.0.16 regards dynamic libs and commit a fix if it is easy to Open2X SVN.

John

Going back to 2.0.13 worked, thanks.
We're now one step closer to a finished filesystem :D

Blah posted on Feb 14 2007 at 04:20 AM said:
I'm working on a better GP2X toolchain and at some point in the near future I will have to compile sdl_gfx dynamically with gcc-4.1.1 and glibc-2.3.3.

Blah, you should instead join the open2x project: http://open2x.org/

We have a lot of this work already done, and thanks to Orkie and DJWillis, will be pretty soon finished with a complete buildroot to create a completely viable alternative replacement for the GPH firmware ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back