Sdl Question

Dealerz

Still Fresh
Looking forward to getting my Pandora, whenever that day comes, I've been converting a few of my old PPC based games to SDL so they would run on Pandora. I have run into a little issue that maybe somebody could help me out. If I run the software on a non-development PC I get a windows error message that reads,

'The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.'

All of the correct dlls are present in the directory of the exe file... Does anybody have any ideas on what this issue is and how to correct it?

Thanks in advance

I don't know what log it's refering to? I don't see a log in the directory where the file was run, I don't see one in the root of C and I don't see a place in windows32 where it could be located. If you know where it could be located let me know.

hey

What version of Windows are ya using? I just done a quick goog and it appears to be an issue with Windows Vista.

Anyhows you might be interested in this thread (another forum), it seems for one person that uninstalling and then reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistribution package or whatever seems to have worked.

There seems to be alot of other results in google also.

edit: There is mention of a solution here also.

cyas

It's on Vista, and now I just ran it on another XP box and got the message,

'This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.'

Both these systems are virgin systems, they don't have visual studios or any of the sdl dev kits installed. I'll try and look into the redistribution package.

Visual C++ is great for development and debugging. For distributing however, I use MingW32. It gets rid of the dependencies and people won't have to install MS crap to run your code. I've used it in the past and was able to run my code from 98 up to Vista without any problems.

Just my 2 cents.

Back