SDcard Fix

Oh that. Y'know that feature I never use, to safely remove devices? This "fix" was the reason for that feature to be implemented. Some devices or hard disks don't always like to write large amount of data at once, so the computer will at times mark files to be written later and when there is less access to the disk write it. The Pandora by default will write data continuously until its completed, using this will make it keep more data on NAND/RAM/SDCARD instead of writing to the destination drive right away. As it warns you can lose data if you remove/unmount either volume before this completes. The way around that is to ALWAYS safely remove the device, or in the Pandora's case, to right click and unmount from the desktop.

Hope that helps a bit.

Doesn't make much sense, as Pandora is set to sync automatically after two seconds if nothing is written anymore... so instead of running that, you could wait just two seconds after the Pandora finished writing to the card.

The PND in question here dates back to around when the very first units were shipping, so as ED notes, it's not really needed anymore.

I wonder why it's been added to the app-store so late? :blink:

The PND in question here dates back to around when the very first units were shipping, so as ED notes, it's not really needed anymore.

I wonder why it's been added to the app-store so late? :blink:

Well, but the sync has been set like that before the first units had been shipped :D

Lol i can't believe you created this entry...

Dude this isn't 1st april yet ^^

I... don't know if that's supposed to be a joke or not.

Because there are times when memory defrag would come in handy. There are times when an application needs a large chunk of contiguous memory.

But at the same time, regular applications that don't require contiguous memory should see no benefit.

WizardStan: Just read their sourceforgesite or have a brief look into the code.

Back